UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Bullet POE Water in Lens

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rjm12rjm12

UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Bullet POE Water in Lens

Post by rjm12rjm12 »

Has anyone had problems with condensation in the camera lens. I don't see a good way of getting it out. Its been a problem, but has gotten worse. Only about two years old, I was hoping to buy some more, but I am concerned with the quality and only getting two years.

Thanks,
Rob
Attachments
IMG_20200420_152402.jpg
IMG_20200420_152402.jpg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 3642 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Bullet POE Water in Lens

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum...

I am not sure where or when you bought your Camera however sadly this is something that does happen from time to time... 2 things could be the cause...
1 your camera has a opening in the camera body that is letting in water
2 your camera IR at night is causing your lens to heat up and the Beads in your Camera have out lived the prime and need to be replaced... While there are a lot of people that never do that I live in an area that if I don't at least once every 2 years then I have same issue in my camera So I replace them once a year...

Looking at your Picture more it almost looks like WATER in the whole front not just around the Camera lens as it looks like there is a line bottom left by LDR that looks like water.. So if that is the case then there is a seal that is bad or lens to body isnt connected well enough and is letting in water...
Be Safe.
rjm12rjm12

Post by rjm12rjm12 »

Hi, thanks for the info I bought the camera directly from Amcrest. My problem is that it doesn't look like the camera comes apart. I asked support and they sent me instructions for a different camera. It might just be the IR, that's interesting. I'm just not sure if I can get it apart.
Thanks again,
Rob
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If it is From Amcrest and was in the Return time I would talk with Support about maybe having it RMA'd sadly it shouldn't be like this for sure 100% if it idon't come apart... However if you post the Model number I can look it up and see if it does infact come apart as I don't know of any Camera today that don't come apart...IP camera most times have to come apart to put in a MSD card if no slot... Also change out the Gel when old is past the prime... I had one that looked like it didn't but after turning the front area the front un screwed from the body... Some others might not be user replaceable as it could be under the lens and in that case this would NEED a RMA...
Be Safe.
rjm12rjm12

Post by rjm12rjm12 »

Thanks it's a IP8M-2496EB-28MM)

https://amcrest.com/amcrest-ultrahd-4k- ... 496eb.html

It's two years old.

Rob
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah sadly 2 years is outside the RMA... So here is what I see from looking at the manual... In pictures I see a camera that might have a Screw on front lens cover... TO access this you would have to slide off the Sun Shade. Then you should see 2 parts of the camera. Lens cover and the body..

Now I have had a few different kinds that looks like this... One I had, an Access door for a MSD card. In that slot was a Screw or pair I can't remember now however once I removed the screw(s) I was able to slide off the front. It was on a Large O Ring and did have to be pulled more then twisted off.. Then another one I had I had to remove the sun cover and then that brought into view a screw. I un screwed that and twisted off the front lens cover. The screw was kind of a Set screw if you will because it was a odd shape lens. You screw it on as far as it will go and back up to where the camera is in right shape and then set the screw...

The last one like this Removed the Sun shade and twisted off the lens.. It was round with groves and when re installing the lens cover you put on until the groves line up after about 4 or 5 years doing that I had to replace the O Ring because it wouldn't line up the groves anymore and water started to get in..

Sadly there is no tare down on the camera that I can find.. So I would start at looking for a sun shade that comes off and 2 parts that would come apart... Maybe take some more pictures without being straight on and I would see better?
Be Safe.
rjm12rjm12

Post by rjm12rjm12 »

HI,

There are no screws inside the slot where the SD card goes. There does seem to be a groove that might come apart, but I'll have to figure out how to do that. It seems very tight, hard to get anything in there.

Thanks,
Rob
Attachments
IMG_20200424_081007[1].jpg
IMG_20200424_081007[1].jpg (3.03 MiB) Viewed 3624 times
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Just an aside in anticipation of your getting in there succesfully. I'd suggest ordering some dessicant Silica Gel Pouches to put in the camera once you've got it dried out. They're cheap but effective.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
rjm12rjm12

Post by rjm12rjm12 »

Sounds good, thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes the Gel Beads was what I was talking about Replacing...

The Slot is for an MSD and while my camera did kind of look like that mine had 2 screws that you would take out that was connected to a potted metal mount that held in the Front.. Looking at yours there is no such screws and looks like you will have to unscrews the front from the base to gain access...

For yours I would look at the Front as well. It might be there is a plate that would hold in 4 screws under a Plastic part this is going on a guess but I have seen things like that as well.. Yours might have a Plastic Ring around edge area that would be snapped in after removing this that would reveal 4 screws holding in the lens cover... Sadly this is guesses as I have not worked on your Camera...

Then Remove the Bag that is in there now.. I might be Wired Tied in behind the Camera so you will have to use a Small Screw Driver and take out the Screws that hold the Camera into the body of the camera. This will be on some type of Extension post and that is most likely where the Gel Pack will be placed... You might have to Remove 2 sections depending on how this camera was made.. I have some that will have 2 or 3 screws holding in the IR rare I have had all 4 corners then in there the Extension pegs might be sloted so you can use a Flat Screw driver to take them out and this will free the camera. Once behind the camera you can access the Gel pack. It is important to know the size you have in there now because people sale them in 1 3 or 5 gram packs.. They have larger ones as well but at times there is not enough space to put a 5g pack in one that has only a 1g pack installed... I used to use Rechargeable ones but that just took to much time to have my Camera out of service... I do have for my Larger Dome PTZ cameras use the Color Changing ones and swap out new for the old and then re charge them for next years use.. But they are larger packs that go in my Large Domes that don't really have them because they are Heated and Fan controlled anyway but I wanted to know just how much Humid my area really is and I am glad I use them.. You have to be Creative when making your own because the item you put them in needs to be able to allow the beads to work... Just remember don't use something that will retain water because it can damage the internal circuits of your camera...
Be Safe.