UHD 4K/8MP camera automatically resets to low resolution (IP8M-2496EB)

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: UHD 4K/8MP camera automatically resets to low resolution (IP8M-2496EB)

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is strange for sure. If your camera is still under Warranty I would reach out to Amcrest and see if there is something they can do if not get a Replacement...

I will say this and I know while others might or might not admit some people are using a 3rd party software and not saying that you are or have but I know that I have done some testing just because I like to Make a mess out of my life sometimes lol...

Anyway I took a different company software that also uses the PC-NVR installed it on one of my other computers so I could see what would be different between the 2. While I didn't make any changes or adjustments that I saved within the same scope of the software from Amcrest. However some things that was on the other software that wasn't an option on my camera I might have Hit the save button after trying to enable that feature. However latter that night after i made some screen shots for a post I seen that my IP camera was then out of the Encoding I had left it before messing with the software... It wasn't until an hour or 2 later I noticed do to fact my Picture was Washed out and it had been very clean picture for long time before using the other software.

So I guess what I am saying even though I didn't save any Encoding changes that night.... What ever I did change by pressing save also changed the Encoding while it might have been something the software didn't have as an option and when I press save it put that part in a Default state...

So if you make changes in your Amcrest View Pro or the Web interface or the ASP or maybe you log in from IE rather then Chrome Extension app it might have changed because of a minor change. I am not sure...
Be Safe.
JimBob

Re: UHD 4K/8MP camera automatically resets to low resolution (IP8M-2496EB)

Post by JimBob »

Do your cameras have more than one video stream? Do they all work? I am asking because my cameras switch from the main stream to the second stream. From super HD (3MB) to VGA on their own. Is this the same issue?

Amcrest 2K Dual Band WiFi Cameras, IP3M-941W.
I am using a MacMini late 2014. Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1--Safari 14.0.1--SecuritySpy 5.3.1 --Router: ASUS RT-AC5300 tri-band-- I also have a Amcrest IP2M-841B-V3, same problem. I am not using Amcrest software or it's web cloud service.