Two Way Talk Issue

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Grttony

Two Way Talk Issue

Post by Grttony »

I am using the 1080p Wifi cameras and when using two way talk i have to enable the mic to talk then disable it then enable the speaker to hear a response is this how its supposed to be?? Its so annoying to do it this way takes forever to switch back and forth every time. Is there any way I can have the Mic and Speaker on at the same time so i dont have to constantly enable and disable after every sentence?? Having to switch back in forth makes its so i cant hear half of the sentence the person on the other end started saying. :evil:
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Two Way Talk Issue

Post by Melvin »

Hello Grttony ,

Unfortunately it allows only one way talk at a time. You need to turn off one option to enable the other. If both are enabled at the same time, there will be heavy feedback from the camera.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

GreenScrew

Post by GreenScrew »

I've only used the audio capability once recently, but didn't experience and problems like you mention. Which is odd considering Melvin is confirming the behavior? Anyway, if feedback is the problem would it help if the person on the remote end is using a headset to separate the microphone and speaker? Feedback is not uncommon using the built in audio of most laptops and a headset eliminates that. Like I said though, the one time I used it to talk to the wife it worked fine.
Grttony

Post by Grttony »

Thanks for the quick reply. This seems like an easy code fix that would simply disable the speaker anytime the mic button is pressed and enable it when its not pressed just like a walkie radio. This would fix this issue entirely and no hardware changes are needed. Do you have plans to d0 this?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Grttony ,

We apologize for the inconvenience. I have reported this to our R&D and they will be looking into this.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

P1garcia

Post by P1garcia »

Melvin wrote:Hello Grttony ,

We apologize for the inconvenience. I have reported this to our R&D and they will be looking into this.
I have also been experiencing problems with 2 way communication since installing the latest firmware. Makes the speaker/mic feature practically useless.

Any updates on this issue?
davidconeff

Post by davidconeff »

I have several of these cameras, and would be interested in seeing the alternating mic/speaker activation as an automatic effect in the UI. It is obvious that feedback needs to be limited by only activating one at a time, but the interface makes it clunky to do so in a timely manner to hear response from the other side via an intercom half-duplex method of interaction like walkie talkies.

Did Amcrest ever seriously look into an update to the Firmware or Amcrest Surveillance Pro that might make this easier to do?