Turret in IP8M-T2669 remains loose even after mounting ring is tightened.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
StevenStark

Turret in IP8M-T2669 remains loose even after mounting ring is tightened.

Post by StevenStark »

It appears that, after mounting the camera on the ceiling, the housing does not exert enough force on the turret to keep it snug against the blocks in the mounting plate and so the camera does not hold its position. I suspect that this is due to the force being applied to the back of the camera by the dual cable. Does anyone know how to tighten the housing so that the camera will not move after being positioned?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Turret in IP8M-T2669 remains loose even after mounting ring is tightened.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

One of the things that kind of has me not liking the Eyeball type cameras is the issue of the ball not staying put when you setup to the right area.. So some of the ones I own came with rubber ends on the mount area. Over time it seems not to work very well Also some of the cameras when removing them from service or for normal cleaning and changing Gel packs. Seems the ends fall off and no longer able to hold position. So I use the white foam that come in packing of some items and use it to cause a pressure so the camera won't trun around once mounted. Only issue doing this is that it can be hard to get the ring started. So I try to use the old rubber for size needed but at times that don't work out to well and have trouble getting the mounting ring to go on right. Now most of my camera today are PTZ or Bullet of some fashion.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

StevenStark wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:13 pm It appears that, after mounting the camera on the ceiling, the housing does not exert enough force on the turret to keep it snug against the blocks in the mounting plate and so the camera does not hold its position. I suspect that this is due to the force being applied to the back of the camera by the dual cable. Does anyone know how to tighten the housing so that the camera will not move after being positioned?
Those cameras are a bit of a pain because it's really tricky to get the housing to snap into place properly inside the mounting ring. I spent ages fiddling with it, tightening screws, undoing them again and pushing and poking to try and get it to slot into place. Even now there's a noticeable gap on one side where it hasn't gone fully into the mounting ring, but it's close enough that the camera won't move.

So I don't know of any instant solution to the problem, but if you keep poking and prodding and trying to push it into place (with optional swearing, not sure how much that actually helps) it should eventually work out. The main thing to remember is that if you just push it into position and tighten the screws it seems like it's OK but it probably won't be anywhere near a good fit, you need to get it so there's almost no visible seam between the housing and mounting ring.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

StevenStark wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:13 pm I suspect that this is due to the force being applied to the back of the camera by the dual cable.
I would carefully examine this.