Turret Cameras not resetting

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ppruett

Turret Cameras not resetting

Post by ppruett »

I have about 35 IPM-T2599EW 8mgp poe cameras, and due to me inheriting a giant mess from the previous guy, I'm trying to factory reset these thing. These are the ones where you have to take them completely apart to reach the ridiculous reset button under the circuit board. I have tried holding it down for 30sec, 45, and 60. I've tried it powered on through the POE and via direct power, but nothing is working.

What am I doing wrong here? I used the guide linked below

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... e%20camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Turret Cameras not resetting

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well having a button is better then only having the Pads on the PCB so your a step ahead of some..

So Yes you will need to have the Camera Powered up, Either in POE or 12v power. Then the hardest part is that you need to press and hold the button most times until you hear click, This is normally the IRC filter doing a power up... This could be for 45 or 60 seconds. However if you don't get a good hold on the button it might take a time or 2 to get the Reset to go though..

Also some cameras with IRC might not even seem like they are working until the camera is reset because the last owner might have them setup to be color at night and if that is the case then there is no click with the filter makes the daily move seeing it would just stay color. However removing power and turning the power back ok most times will cause the camera to go into a Test mode and at that time it might click. Covering the lens if in B/W at night you should hear a Click. However that isn't 100% that the camera is still working. IF the camera Communication chip is bad the camera can still power up and turn on IR at night but no info to the NVR or even to the installed MSD..

Yes I have a Camera that I have to remove the IR, the Camera board, and even remove an attached power board before i can reach the Reset Switch so I know the feeling on resetting some of these cameras..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
ppruett

Post by ppruett »

Thank you for replying. This at least makes me feel a bit better. Just have to get it just right, and now knowing it makes a click will help as well.

While you are in an informing mood, I have another question. The cameras I'm trying to reset are causing me some issues. I reset them, plug them back in, open the ip config tool and can see the video feed. I adjust their IP address and then my NVR refuses to see them. Says they are offline or network abnormal. I have double checked their config settings, reran cables, reset the cameras, and even tried installing new cameras and no matter what I do, they refuse to be seen.

Any ideas?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So are you trying to access with a Amcrest NVR or some other Brand. To me it don't matter I just have to ask because not all NVR's are the same.

If Amcrest or Dahua branded or OEM NVR's you will want to make sure not to change much in the Config outside of maybe the IP as you talk, Just make sure that if they are not Amcrest or Dahua type NVR that you keep the IP in DHCP because the NVR will not have a Relationship with the camera like a Amcrest/Dahua type will. Also what you will need to know is non Amcrest and Dahua NVR will need the RTSP and Web port for the Camera where the Amcrest and Dahua NVR will use Private and 37777 for the port Outside of that ONVIF, port 80 and RTSP 554 ports and others that the NVR see fit to need. Just have to make sure your Choosing the right type of connection for the type of NVR you have.

Amcrest, Would be Private, that would be same for Dahua and or any of the Dahua OEM's..

Also keep in mind that IP, Gateway and Subnet are important, I have seen some systems pull a camera and not change the Gateway and make the camera flake out..

POE NVR, Ports on back normally are 10.1.1.xx starting with 65 in general. Also remember that if your NVR is POE, and your trying to connect the cameras on your normal port side of the NVR, (Router Side) then you will want to use that IP range. Only 10.1.1.xx will only work on the back port side of the NVR unless your using a Amcrest 4216E-AI nvr then either IP will work in back port side and Router side..

I have a Very old Dahua from 2013 that I can still connect to my older 1080p Cameras and will setup everything just fine.
Be Safe
ppruett

Post by ppruett »

What was set up before I got here was a HIKvision NVR with amcrest cameras. They are run through POE to a unifi switch that is run through fiber to another switch then to the NVR.

The IP range set is one that is far away from any other range so as not to conflict with the rest of our organization. It is a 172.168 address and the gateway and subnet were also set to a 255.255.0.1 and a 172.168.

We install the cameras, they show up on the config tool, we change their ip to match the range set to the NVR and 24 of them have popped up and seem to be working. The software and webportal have limited functionality, but they can be viewed and recorded.

Then there are two that just refuse to work. They are getting signal and power, and I can see the video feed through the config tool, but once they drop onto the NVR, which is a 64 channel, they show a network abnormal error. I've even installed other, new, cameras and they fail as well.

I have ordered a Amcrest NVR to see if that helps, but cannot figure out why these just refuse to work,

I appreciate all your help. Any other advice would be accepted gladly.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah there is just a lot that can happen. When using a different vendor NVR it might be something in the camera that is not setup right to work with that NVR, it could be as something as easy as cabling issue. Being able to work in say IP config or WebUI, could be ok it isn't until trying to work on a Recorder that then goes though another connection, and so it could be to much and to little bandwidth. Hard to say.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I googled Hikvision 64 channel NVR.  Incoming  bandwidth for it is apparently 256-320 Mbps depending on something.   You could exceed that with your 35 4K cameras depending on their settings.  Even possibly with 24 4K cameras.  Try adjusting your camera settings down significantly.