Turn Off Lights

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Jim074

Turn Off Lights

Post by Jim074 »

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

About a year ago I installed a Lorex system at my home. Overall, I'm pleased with the system but have been a little disappointed in the night vision capabilities of the cameras and decided to experiment by adding a camera of a different brand. Based on internet reviews I purchased the Amcrest model # IP4M-1048EW-AI. Despite being a different make, it works well with my Lorex NVR. All the function settings available for the Lorex cameras are also functional for this new Amcrest camera.

My problem is, I do not want the camera lights to come on even in low light situations. I cannot figure out how to turn them off. How do I permanently turn off the lights on this Amcrest camera?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Turn Off Lights

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

You will need to log in the Cameras WebUI. If you are using the camera on a POE NVR and if they are built like the Amcrest you can access the cameras WebUI even from the NVR however this will need to be done using the WebUI for the NVR.. Unless you have a pass around cable installed.. Then you already know how to access your cameras.. IF you already know how to access skip past next section

To access your camera on a POE NVR. Bring up your NVR's WebUI, (This is the address of your NVR in the IE or Chrome) you will want to get to your camera listed page, IN Amcrest 4.0 FW it is by clicking on the Management in top left, then click on Camera, It will show Remote Devices, in the bottom box will be the list of cameras that have been loaded, scroll down till you get the one you want to access, then click on the e next to it. This will bring up a new tab with your NVR's IP address followed by a Port number, like on my 4216E-AI when I click on 1046ew-AI Camera it brings up 10.0.0.223:10800 and a log in screen comes up and I can now log in my camera.

When you log in your Camera click on Setup, At this point your in the right window (Camera Configuration) in the center of that page there will be an area called IR LIght, Where Dahua cameras are under Illumination. Click the IR Light even though the camera don't have IR's that is where the light access info is. After Clicking it Profile and Mode will come up, If you have your camera work in 1 mode full time then click on the mode Day Night or General, Then below that make the Change you want. Auto, Manual, and off are the options. Once you set the one you want press the Save button under the cameras Picture window. That will save the changes.

Also in there is where you can access the cameras AI settings as well. That can be done and if your NVR don't have AI ability then the Rules won't come on line your NVR but if you have MSD installed in the camera then you can save the data from triggers of the IVS to the MSD.. Also if your camera is like my 1046EW-AI then you could also use your cameras Alarm output and input for access to non AI NVR with alarm inputs to help keep track of the triggers if only in NVR's Logs..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Jim074

Re: Turn Off Lights

Post by Jim074 »

Thanks for your reply. I'll give your suggestions a try.