Triplett 8150 POE Tester

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
PropCBRE

Triplett 8150 POE Tester

Post by PropCBRE »

Anyone ever use a POE tester like the Triplett 8150? i bought a bunch of IP4M-1028E & IP8M-2496EW-V2 and am finally rolling around to install them. probably need to reset the password, but the basic admin password doesn't seem to work.

there's a button for "DH" which i assume is Dahua b/c there's another for HiK.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Triplett 8150 POE Tester

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Have a few different Meters and have had a good few meters looking for one that suits me the best and I won't feel bad loaning out. Don't know your tester I have a Triplett 8073 Pro D and guess it might be a down grade from yours with high model number. Things you would want to look at in a Meter or Tester is what functions you are looking to use for your current CCTV needs.

Like mine isn't only a Compact unit with a Multi Meter function it also has a Mini full keyboard once you fold it open. The problem for me is that I needed a unit that I could test all types of cameras seeing I have many different units and it isn't always easy trying to setup a camera on a ladder with a Laptop or even a cell phone as most times can't see the screen when I need to..

So one of the things that I wanted and needed was the ability to test cables not just for how long, also to check for breaks. This can help with that and even give an idea of how far the issue is from the current connector. Also my tester works with POE 48v and also has 12v output as well. I have seen some testers that are 24v POE and 12v for testing and at one time I even fell for buying one because I have a lot of 24vac cameras and thought that was what the offering was 24vac POE and 12v however what I didn't understand was the POE volt out was only offered at 24v and that isn't going to help with testing out cameras on the pole

In truth if your not going to be doing a load of Camera installs it would be best to save money and just Desk Test all your cameras before installing them in the location.. The meters and testers can cost a good penny and if only going to touch less then 10 cameras I would save the money...

Passwords if admin admin don't work and or first setting up over the Amcrest App without prompt to setup a new/different password then you could reset the password from a button within the camera. Keep in mind this can be a pain because not all of them have buttons some just have 2 solder pads on the motherboard that would need to be shorted for a set time to reset the camera...

DH would yes be for Dahua and amcrest cameras. Hik would be for many others.. If you need to reset your camera looking them up on line most times will give the steps one needs to take for Resetting the cameras..
Be Safe.