Time off by one hour

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
swbrains

Time off by one hour

Post by swbrains »

Hi, I have 5 dome cameras with the following firmware, which appears to be current:

Software VersionV2.800.00AC001.0.R, Build Date: 2021-07-12
WEB VersionV3.2.1.880675

I can configure the proper time zone and enable DST properly, then sync the time to my PC, but the cameras all eventually change their clock to exactly an hour later at some point. I can resync and it works for a while, then they change again. I have disabled NTP access in the configuration, but the problem still occurs. In fact, I have blocked the cameras from having any internet access in my router for security reasons. I do all access to my cameras through an (Annke) NVR.

The NVR's time is set properly and it does appear that the NVR updates the camera's time settings at some point. Not just the time itself, but the time zone. I set the cameras' configuration to use GMT -6 since I'm really on GMT -5 and the cameras held the correct time while not connected to the NVR, which seems to indicate the cameras have a firmware bug with regard to time since it need the wrong time zone to keep the correct time.

But shortly after connecting to the NVR, the NVR resets the camera's timezone to GMT -5 (the correct timezone as set in the NVR) and then the time shows as an hour ahead of the actual time. I have tested this a couple of times and it seems consistent. Within a few seconds of connecting the NVR to the network, the camera times all change. The NVR does seem to keep its time correctly and the recording times are accurate with real time. Only the time displayed on each camera is wrong by one hour.

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas how to correct it?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Time off by one hour

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Hate to say it but I think the issue is the Annke NVR.. Problem is the the ANNKE system uses a strange DST and I found the point that it would work right with my Amcrest Ip cameras however it has been long time since I have had them in use together and I don't remember what it was that I did.. So I will have to put it in use and do some testing to find out where the magic is.. One last thing before I start testing try to remove the Tick mark for DST and see if that works keeping NTP online the Annke if that is where it is looking. after the time set under the NTP I set to 30 min if the time don't change 1 hour back then just keep the DST off..

Now I am not sure why you feel that Amcrest is not Secure enough to keep the time server running on the cameras personally things don't work well when IP cameras are removed from the Internet if you use Micro SD cards as backup on your cameras you might find they won't playback without a Connection to the Internet.. I have a few Annke devices that I have removed from Service. My newest recorded from them is 2020 and to be honest one of the reasons that I pulled my machines from service is because I don't like the fact that Annke sold me a device that don't work as expected and stated from the site. After back and forth with them they wanted me to Pay to return the device (Remove from service wait for them to test confirm and send a replacement only after what they said could take 30days) I was like NO Way.. Second don't like a company that Denies the fact they are a OEM of Hikvision saying they are their own business and have no relation with Hikvision which is total BS. So much so that 1 the Mac Address that goes to the Annke device is a Hikvision Mac address where all of Amcrest Mac's belong to Amcrest since 2015-2016.. Next Annke say they don't do Updates to Firmware and that isn't a Risk that I am willing to take anymore. Out of all machines I Own I have little faith in the Annke brand over Amcrest.. At the time I bought Annke becuase I needed to replace an older TVI DVR to support larger MP cameras and Annke being a OEM of Hikvision had the gear. I have since had regret of that buy and won't buy more of the products..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well to be honest I am not sure that will work. I know it took me some time to figure out the right way to make it work..

Here is what I will say looking at worldtimebuddy dot com it says it is 4 hours from GMT to EST so that is one way to fix it turn off DST and change to -4

Do you use the WebUI Often? I mean if you do then I would personally just keep the Manual setup for Computer and every time you log in it should pull the time from your computer time to keep it on the right time..
Screenshot (2478).png
Screenshot (2478).png (82.67 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
Be Safe
swbrains

Post by swbrains »

Thanks for checking into this with your equipment. At one point I had tried setting the NVR to EST -6 (since the time is usually an hour ahead and I wanted to move it back an hour to the correct time) and that did help the camera times stay correct, but then when I wanted to view footage on the NVR for 10:00am, for example, I'd have to search the NVR recording timeline for 9:00am, which I found annoying. So it looks like I either have recording that are an hour off or camera display times that are an hour off... :(
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Honestly I am not trying to push Amcrest NVR on you, I am just wondering what about the Annke NVR is keeping you with the Brand. For me while mine is a DVR and works in NVR mode. The main reason I bought it was because as I said I needed a Higher MP unit for my 5mp TVI cameras.. When I asked Amcrest about buying DVR from them was told may not work with my TVI well. I really wish when I bought my 8m16-H5 I would have had it sent to my home and just took it to where it was being installed to replace my 960h system and I could have done some testing. However it was in a time issue so I had it shipped to the west while I was on the drive there taking 3 days to get there.. Anyway had I known then what I know now this wouldn't have been an issue and I wouldn't have the Annke recorders.. With that said sure there is some things that I like about the Recorder and really isn't something that works remote anyway so for me no real reason to keep with the Annke outside just being a back up when I need it..

So after writing I left my system run. I did have 2 cameras connected but took one off in case it was updated by NVR that it was also connected too wouldn't mess with the testing.. I have NTP and DST off and the times have been good all night. Now I will admit that I had it unchecked for sync with computer because I wanted to view the time difference and just in that short of Time it did drift off 30 seconds. So keep in mind that the reason to even have the Time Server is to keep the time on time the crystals that keep time in the devices are as close as can be for keeping them going however they do lag some..

As I said I will keep trying to work it out. I didn't notice the playback and it might have been also an issue for me as well I am not sure I paid attention to that because I use a Different method of playback. On my system I have a little bell in the top right of my screen and if there is a Red dot I click the bell and play back from there never did much of the search and play in my Annke Recorder..

Personally there are so many things about the Annke device that makes it not as nice as the Amcrest recorders. While I can't say yours has the same issue I am going to guess that it does because it was same issue within all the Hikvision Recorders and IP cameras I have owned and that is the lack of Multi type Schedules. So for instance my Amcrest AI NVR in all of my Amcrest recorders really but that one I am using because it is most like my Annke recorder.. That is for my ANNKE I have the VCA, However images don't work and I can not setup the Annke to record only VCA and motion together or VCA and alarm together. Only 2 options in Annke and that is full time or Event where with my Amcrest recorders I can record all of the options and lets say I had them all setup for full time, motion, alarm, alarm/motion and IVS then I would be able to search out only the events I wanted to look for and weed out the rest. Makes it easier to save an event without having to search the whole day.. I mean the Amcrest also has the Fast playback as well with a little list of all IVS events and was it a Car or Human but I do more searching for other events within the search and it is just nice to have options. Only setup with Amcrest having multi type playback search options is on an event say motion if there was one with a camera with Mic and I wanted to hear what was said before the event started I would have to turn on the full time and playback starting before the event but the cool thing is that is an Option in Amcrest not in Annke.. Motion event starts when it starts and sure there is some little Pre Record but at times still not enough to hear what was said..

In the end while Annke don't play well with my Amcrest devices the only + it has for me is that it will work with my VCA Ip cameras even when I put the recorder in IP mode where my Amcrest DVR's if I move to IP mode it removes all the IVS ability from the recorder. So I don't use my Hikvisioin VCA Ip cameras much anymore. One is they kill to many Micro SD cards lol However if I have a need I do have them as backup for if something is down on my Amcrest Recorders until I can return it to service. For me it just feels like I have more control with Amcrest Cameras and Recorders.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I thought I would touch base on the NVR thought. I know I said I am not trying to push a NVR on you and I am not. I thought I would mention that one of the things that you said you have done with your cameras connected to your NVR is block them from the Internet. This brings me to my Point. If you had a POE NVR then you can add them to the NVR port and by doing so will keep them blocked like your doing now only thing is they are designed to be and will keep working as expected. Also won't have time issues..

So about the DST, and NTP being turned off has kept the time close to all my other device times. ALso looking at the playback on search comes with right times. So for now that is best way to keep it working on the right time. Come next year when the DST is no longer a thing in the USA anyway there might be some new challenges.

Personally I would look into a new NVR from Amcrest if you want to have total good control with your Amcrest cameras.. I mean if you wanted the IVS ability I would personally look into the 4216e-ai or maybe do 4208e-ai seeing you said you were working with 5 amcrest cameras. There are others like 4116e-hs that only has 8 ports for POE and 8 that would connect normal like you do your NVR now.. If you wanted a AI type only works with AI cameras though then look into the 4116E-A2 or 4108E-A2.. Just some ideas If AI isn't anything you were interested in then a 4108E-HS or 4116E-HS both have 8ch POE the 16 again gives 8 more channels that would connect like you do yours now.
Be Safe
swbrains

Post by swbrains »

Hi,

I received my Amcrest NVR today and connected my 5 Amcrest dome cameras to it via the POE ports in the back. I tried to use ASP to search for devices, but it doesn't find the NVR even though I specified the correct IP range that the NVR is in. So, I added the NVR IP manually and it appears online.

It shows there are 5 cameras attached to it, but all have a red circle/slash icon next to them. If I go to the Devices tab, it only shows the NVR listed as a device. When I try to view the cameras in Live View mode, they all say "failed to load video..." I believe it's because I had previously set the passwords for all of the cameras, but haven't figured out how to telL ASP what each camera's password is. I'm don't see where to do this since the individual cameras don't appear on any of the "configuration" or "device" pages; only on the live view page where there's no way to update the camera password that I can see.

How can I tell ASP the password for each camera connected to its POE ports?

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You will need to connect to the NVR via GUI or Over WebUI. If the Cameras were changed with a different Password from the normal admin admin then the NVR will choke when they are installed on the NVR..

To cure this the best way would be using the GUI. Easiest way would be using WebUI. (Because you can type rather then try and mouse click)

Also if you want to change your passwords all to the same type like your NVR has the best way would be to first change in the GUI/WebUI the passwords then after all the cameras are running change the password for the NVR after you do that it will ask you if you want to sync to the cameras and if you say ok then another box will come up with what ones changed and what ones didn't most times only issue is non Amcrest cameras or ones that have to old of FW to support special like !+@ and so on..

WebUI. Click on Main Menu, then camera, then they will be loaded with Red dot (Not online) you want to click the Pencil and change the password the rest should have been added by the NVR and is correct only thing that isn't correct is the passwords.. (Should Be)
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am Clear...

When you connect a new Amcrest Camera to the NVR's POE Port it will come online with the normal admin admin. If you add a camera from a POE switch that has already been configured once and in the start it makes you change password.. The NVR POE port will not use that password without intervention. So using GUI/WebUI you can make them changes with in ASP that isn't something in the program setup..

from within the ASP program you can get to your WebUI from the NVR's Device CFG area at the top is LInk to web button press that and it will bring up the WebUI. If you are connected VIA SN it will be a starnge IP address with RTSP port and Web port numbers however if local ip then it iwll load the local IP like this picture. Log in, click Management, Camera and then edit each of the cameras info to change pass for them..
Screenshot (2506).png
Screenshot (2506).png (90.49 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thought I would show one that is remote connection also if you look at the first picture and the second picture you will see that the cameras in the first picture most of them besides ch8 are all installed using my normal Local IP however on 8 that camera is connected VIA Port8 IN the second Picture of another one of my NVR's you can see that all ports but 1 have no trash can and have port numbers that is because they are connected to the POE ports. For access to the cameras outside of the NVR it is best to use WebUI to access the camera over the V Host of the NVR by doing so it will load the NVR's IP address with a Special Port for the camera most times it starts with 10080
Screenshot (2507).png
Screenshot (2507).png (90.24 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
Be Safe