Time And Date Wrong

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Time And Date Wrong

Post by longedge »

I'm not sure that it adds much to the discussion but FWIW I have NTP updates and DST turned off on both my cameras. I keep an eye on the displayed time, which is no hardship for me, and do a sync with my PC once or twice a year when the times have 'drifted' by a few seconds. Works well for me.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
James.S

Post by James.S »

@TheObstacle Welcome to the forum, Unfortunately for this issue I would highly recommend you reach out to our support team so an agent like myself can work with you directly one on one to resolve this. >>https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport<<

As for the FW download page, From what I understand we use this for sending out major updates ( we did this for the 841 and other devices for the JS FW) However, Here is a link that will bring you directly to the page itself and skip over the Subscribe page. >>https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads<<

Once again welcome to the forum! :)
bhc

Post by bhc »

I have the exact same problem with the dome camera IP8M. I disabled NTP and Auto Reboot but that did not help. I have the latest firmware. My camera has another problem that just happened yesterday (second time this happened). After every few months, it would stop recording and it would not save new configurations. I could still view live though. When I tried to save new threshold or sensitivity, it would say successful, but in reality it did not save. My first thought was the SD card which I checked and it is still good. The fix was to disconnect and reconnect the power from the POE switch. I have two other Amcrest cameras (different models, 3MP and 4MP) connected the same switch and they did not have this problem. I believe this camera has a defect in the firmware.
unmoswantgmail

Post by unmoswantgmail »

:mrgreen:
Had this exact problem, and my buddy had the same problem too. You could set the correct date and time all you want. But wait a few hours maybe even a day, Bam back to the year 2000.
I tired firmware upgrade and firmware downgrade nothing worked..... until I did a "HARD REBOOT"
Some might call it a Factory Reset.
******** This will wipe all your provisioning, and you will have to go through and setup your Camera from scratch*********
You can try to restore from an old backup if you have one, after you confirm the camera keeps current date&time for a day or so.. CHEERS gimme a thumbs up if this works for you.
Gjheth

Re: Ip camera doesn’t switch to new day

Post by Gjheth »

The unit doesn’t go to a new day. Eg. it is the 31st and it reads vis push notifications yesterday’s events.
Gj