switching from day/night causes motion event

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ttdwwx

switching from day/night causes motion event

Post by ttdwwx »

We have the ECO series HD system with 8 cameras and DVR.

We've carefully dialed in the sensitivity and threshold settings and have removed all false alerts for motion detection, except for.... day/night switching.

When the cameras switch from day to night mode (and vice versa), it always causes a motion alert since the pixels of the whole view change, so in effect we are getting 16 false events per day. 8 cameras - 1x in morning, 1x in evening. I have several other friends that all use the RING doorbell security system and do not have this problem.

For any comments suggesting to exclude the time range of sunset and sunrise - this is not an option since:
--we will not be protected during that time
--we will have to compensate all year for the change in the time range (we want a set and forget system).

Amcrest - is there some way to have either:
--the camera send a signal to the DVR that it is changing modes and not to alert
--the DVR to have an allowance detecting when the view flashes from color to black and white (and vice versa) - similar to masking but the opposite; like reverse-masking.
--or some other enhancements to avoid this.

This problem makes the system unusable as an alert system and reduces it to a mere 'review afterwards if a break-in is discovered'.
disgustipated

Re: switching from day/night causes motion event

Post by disgustipated »

with that many cams it would def be a problem, ive just sort of dealt with it with my two...

you would think that the hardware that senses when to switch the modes would be able to send a signal to the software telling it that its switching and be able to suppress the motion detect for a half a second... sounds like a feature request for the next firmware version to me :)

im curious, how did you tune out the motion detects for rain and snow? or are you not recording outside? thats the other thing im having issue with.
ttdwwx

Post by ttdwwx »

Yep, a firmware update for that would definitely help with this issue.

I haven't had rain nor snow here yet. I'm in somewhat currently hot southern CA. My best settings for detecting people and not bugs flying around (my problem at night) is sens: 60, thresh: 30.

For the day/night switching - no tweaks help.
ttdwwx

Post by ttdwwx »

Amcrest - any thoughts?
Wildhouse

Post by Wildhouse »

I hope they also include a tweak where you can adjust motion detection sensitivity and threshold settings for different times, and example is at night time a lot of bugs makes my motion sensor go off where with them same settings it doesn't during the day, I know you can adjust time settings for motion detection but you can't adjust different sensitivity and threshold settings for different times, during the day I can have my threshold and sensitivity a lot higher than at night, at night I have to turn everything down a little or it picks up all the bugs flying by the cameras constantly
ttdwwx

Post by ttdwwx »

Good point. That'd be a great addition.

Amcrest, any response? I'm going to leave my review on Amazon soon. I urge you to enable me to leave a positive review.
celindberg

Post by celindberg »

I don't think Amcrest is "listening"
disgustipated

Post by disgustipated »

I work for a software company myself and forums seem to get the least amount of attention, typically more used to have the community of users talk amongst themselves. I really would like the feature to have different sensitivity for night mode too.

I logged a feature request for the android app to have different alert sounds per camera to their support email and they were super responsive, like within an hour, so perhaps that's the best avenue for these great feature requests.
wizmo

Post by wizmo »

Bump!!!
Same boat here.
Not fully understanding the threshold and sensitivity values, but trying to keep both as low as possibly.
The only events I get right now are when the camera switches from color to B&W on the nigh day chnage.
If there isn't a way to automatically block this, then there should be!