Surveillance Pro Will Only Record 30 Minutes of Video

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bendancoh

Surveillance Pro Will Only Record 30 Minutes of Video

Post by bendancoh »

Hello! We have an NV4108E NVR with four cameras, and our system generally appears to be working properly, however we seem to be having a problem in that when we attempt to record a channel locally to a computer, the recording will max out at 30 minutes, regardless of how long we record for. I've recorded for up to two hours just to test this, and though Surveillance Pro indicated that the recording was successful and the metadata of the video seems to indicate the correct length, any attempt to play it back (using the PLAYBACK feature in Surveillance Pro, Smart Play, or even third party video playback software) will only show the first 30 minutes. I'm attaching a screen shot from a shorter video that I recorded just to give you an example.

Although the video is approximately 33 minutes long, only the first 30 minutes are available for playback. I've attempted to reinstall Surveillance Pro several times, tried recording to different directories, tried exporting the videos to different formats, and changed various settings within Surveillance Pro and on the NVR itself, but nothing seems to work. Is this just a limitation of the software, or am I doing something wrong? Any assistance that you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,
Ben
Attachments
Amcrest.png
Amcrest.png (17.53 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
stiffanyh

Re: Surveillance Pro Will Only Record 30 Minutes of Video

Post by stiffanyh »

I have this same problem...is there any resolution?
ZenBeck

Post by ZenBeck »

So Ahhh... any resolution to this problem?

tia
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello to the other 2 if they see it seeing they only been on the 1 TIme Welcome to the Forum

@ZenBeck Hello and welcome to the Fourm

Sadly I think that is built into the software... The problem is ASP also has PC-NVR that goes with it and it will record for what ever you program it too just like a normal NVR.. With that you get to set up how much space your System can record to.. SO say you have a 500gb HDD on your computer, you can setup 200gb of space as your NVR space.. Then after you setup your system to record you cameras if it fills that space and you have it setup to record over when full it will start over the oldest first....

I am guessing about this.. But I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Local Record is only 30 min no matter what you try per recording.. Maybe a way to keep people using the product the way it was meant to be used or who knows really...

So at this time only Solution is to setup ASP to use the Built in PC-NVR as a longer recording device and leave the local recording for when your watching an event and you want to capture it as it happens and have it at hand without looking for it though recordings....
Be Safe.
ZenBeck

Post by ZenBeck »

Thanks for jumping in Revo.

So I want to record a single camera 24/7. I have set up 300gb of hdd space on a dedicated computer to do so. I have it set to overwright the oldest recording as I fill that space. As in the op's post, the file data tells me I have (for example) recorded 3 hours of video and the file size would sugest that is correct. When I stop recording and try to view the file it only shows the first 30 min of the recording. If I understand you right, you are saying that the software will only show me the first 30 min of any recording no matter what I have it set to? By design?

If thats the case I'm returning this camera today because thats just dumb.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't know what to tell you... Sorry you don't like this answer and yet I have wrote this reply about 4 times now I will just go with this last one and keep is short...

Buying a camera and returning it because of Protections put in place for the end user that is what you said...

SO you said you didn't have ability to record longer then 30min ahhh Now you know it isn't just you it has been that way for long time... Some places charge extra for ASP or their version of software like it

Why is it Dumb to put in a Record button for Action as it is Right now and give a 30 Min Record time.. And have the system with Protections in place for the End-User to make sure that once set up everything is Recording just the way they want it even if someone was to come in and close out the ASP program PC-NVR is in the background and keeps on Recording...

ASP is to give the End-User the Feel of High End Cutting edge Tech recording while keeping the recordings safe...

So just Saying while I can't say anything like this would ever HAPPEN TO YOU... But They didn't Make ASP for you only...

Someone has Computer in Bedroom running 1 camera on ASP pressed that record button (Records for ever) He leaves for the night to go to work, Son has friends over for Porker Night and someone comes in to Dads room and sees Camera view up and closes ASP or sees the Record button pressed and turns off button either way NO LONGER RECORDING and now your 10k watch is missing

Second to this... Rather than having ASP running and showing that it is recording.

PC-NVR is running in background, person comes in looks over the computer sees nothing of interest and moves on to take your 10k watch this time you come home and playback the PC-NVR recording of the Video to find the person that took your Watch...

I don't know to be Honest Security Camera Software don't sound to good in first case if it was so easy for someone to turn off... This isn't a Baby Monitor camera system this is for FULL TIME SECURITY CAMERA SYSTEM trying to secure the mind of the End-User.. I don't have one software from any Camera that I own from all the different camera companies that has a FOREVER Record on software screen...

There are things to setup and make using ASP a Security Package to Keep your mind and belonging safe...

Sorry I don't find having to setup safety for your hdd in space so it can record full time and overwrite once full as a dumb feature... I find it SMART and by the Way I HATE ASP myself...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@bendancoh
ZenBeck wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:14 am ...
So I want to record a single camera 24/7. I have set up 300gb of hdd space on a dedicated computer to do so. I have it set to overwright the oldest recording as I fill that space. As in the op's post, the file data tells me I have (for example) recorded 3 hours of video and the file size would sugest that is correct. When I stop recording and try to view the file it only shows the first 30 min of the recording.
What you are describing works for me in a test with ASP PC-NVR when set up for continuous recording. Recording is not limited to 30 minutes. Use ASP Playback, search your PC-NVR cam for a <24 hour period. Playback anything in that period. Use scissor icon to select a specific time slice to export a MP4 clip to a folder for use elsewhere.
I am currently using ASP Version 2 located at https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-surve ... 13561.html
I think it's probably the same in ASP Version 1.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@jack7 Thanks for Replying, Sadly they are I guess not looking to use the PC-NVR as I had mentioned and I did test out on one of my computers that oddly it does record longer then 30min in size of file when I set to record and came back 2 hours later to the computer. I tried to play it back and would only play back 30min...

I then did it on my other computer where I am recording my ASh21 on the PC-NVR and hit the Record oddly enough was able to play back more then just the 30 min on that computer as you had stated.. I am not sure how to be honest but again I didn't make the software..

So I thought best off would be to have users know that ASP comes with PC-NVR as a feature and to setup full time recording would be best using software that would work even after the ASP is closed.. Also saves HDD space by being able to setup an area that is set only for PC-NVR and will let you over write when full..

I know you like the Product as we have had some debate over it and how much I dislike it so I was with hope to see you have something to say about it.. One because you know more about it then I do seeing I try not to use it lol.. Again right now only camera I will use with it is ASH21 for testing and backup footage because I over write my NVR footage often..
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@Revo2Maxx
Well, I quoted Zenbeck but then mistakenly went back and added bendancoh ID. Forum should put an ID with quote but doesn't.
ZenBeck sure sounds like he is using ASP PC-NVR or should be. This is an Amcrest Surveillance Pro named thread.
Maybe ZenBeck could explain more.
ZenBeck

Post by ZenBeck »

jack7 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:46 pm @Revo2Maxx
Well, I quoted Zenbeck but then mistakenly went back and added bendancoh ID. Forum should put an ID with quote but doesn't.
ZenBeck sure sounds like he is using ASP PC-NVR or should be. This is an Amcrest Surveillance Pro named thread.
Maybe ZenBeck could explain more.
Hey Jack, thanks for helping out.
Yes, I have ASP installed as well as the PC-NVR and trying to use the software as it instructs. Sorry if I was not clear on that. I even tried all the things that the OP of this thread posted, thats why I posted in here and didn't make a new thread. I'm still having the exact same issue as the OP stated in his opening post and seeing exactly what he posted in the screen shot. I feel that I am clearly not doing something right. Any help would be appreciated.