Static IP Through Access Point with IP2M-841B-V3

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mana

Static IP Through Access Point with IP2M-841B-V3

Post by mana »

I have an IP2M-841B-V3 that is on a subnet (192.168.2.xxx) on which there is no DHCP server. When the camera is connected with an Ethernet cable everything is working fine (wired setting is using 192.168.2.230). However, I have problems with the wireless portion. There is an AP (access point) on that subnet. The AP is on 192.168.2.2, 5GHz is disabled, SSID is TP-Link_2.4GHz. Now on the Amcrest I am setting the following:
chrome_Wi15XIwVPH.png
chrome_Wi15XIwVPH.png (9.67 KiB) Viewed 124 times
However, I cannot get access to the camera on the wireless IP. I also don't see the camera on the client list of my AP. So it doesn't even seem to connect. I assume "host name" in the camera setting is the SSID (not sure why that also shows up for wired, though). I currently don't have any security mode set on the AP so no password should be required for the camera to connect. But where in the cams web portal would I even enter the password to connect to the AP?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Static IP Through Access Point with IP2M-841B-V3

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello, Welcome to the Forum

Your going to have issues trying to connect like this. My guess is a few different issues however it is really hard to say. While I do use a Multi Router/AP connection on some of my cameras. I can't say that mine is setup like yours so it is really hard to say.

I am not sure what your trying to do really other then keep your camera from talking to the outside world. If that is the case then there might be some issues with the whole idea. IP cameras as of 2019 from Amcrest was designed to have access to the Internet (So this is what I was told anyway) so if your looking to block access without having it connected to a POE NVR there might be issues when it comes to playback.

Next setting up the Wireless to default and setting up IP as static isn't going to make your router know anything about your camera without first setting up your camera to have access to your router.. In the picture above that is inside the TCP/IP of the Network area. In the left of that page is a list of other things in Network and one of the things is Wifi. You will want to click on Wifi and turn it on. Once you have it turned on it will bring up a list of AP or Routers in your area. Pick the one you want log into and it should let you put in the user and pass for that. ONce you do this it will have access to that system over WIFI. It will still be connected to the Wired connection. So best to reboot the camera and while it is rebooting remove the cable from the Ethernet port and let the camera log into the Wifi Router/AP and it should have access to anything within that range. *So if you plan to use BI or ASP or some 3rd party hardware or software it should be in that network range as well and it should have access to the camera.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
mana

Re: Static IP Through Access Point with IP2M-841B-V3

Post by mana »

I got this working now. I did miss the WIFI on the left side. Once I got to that, I could select the my AP and after entering the password I got a connection. I then moved the camera to the final location (it was close to the switch for setup).

I specifically chose Amcrest because their cameras (at least the non-home ones) can be used without requiring access to the internet. At least that is what I was told and from what I see so far that is correct. I am using BlueIris as a DVR. Then for remote access I use the VPN and the BlueIris app which allows me to do two way communication and PT(Z). I wish there was a PoE version of this camera but for now I will just use wireless.