Stackable outdoor junction box

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
kanewolf

Stackable outdoor junction box

Post by kanewolf »

I have an issue with a lip on the soffit of my house that reflects the IR illuminator. I have a single junction box (AMCPFA130 or similar) between the soffit and camera. Does anyone know of a stackable outdoor junction box (aluminum preferred) that would allow me to drop the camera another couple inches and clear the lip so that I can enable the IR illuminator ?
kanewolf

Re: Stackable outdoor junction box

Post by kanewolf »

Since nobody answered this question, I went out to the soffit and disassembled my camera. The lid from the AMCPFA130 has screw holes that line up with the holes in the base. I believe I can stack them I have ordered another.
Maybe this will help someone in the future with a similar situation/question...
Pogo

Re: Stackable outdoor junction box

Post by Pogo »

I use similar enclosures from Lowes/Home Depot for camera mounting and cable weather protection for around $10.00 each (with cover) that I drill out accordingly. The small versions are good for basic connector protection as well. Usually available in white, gray, and brown to blend with most color schemes without being too conspicuous.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial- ... /300847176