splitting camera signal

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
huskerfan

splitting camera signal

Post by huskerfan »

Hi, I have a POE, PTZ Amcrest camera I'd like to send a signal to my normal Amcrest NVR and ALSO send a signal to another source.

I read where it might be possible to use a switch to accomplish this but I've been unsuccessful.

Can anyone think of another way to accomplish this? I heard there is plenty of signal strength to getter done.
Thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: splitting camera signal

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure what your asking for..

By design looking at my 850EW large outdoor Amcrest PTZ it was setup from factory to allow 10 users to access the camera at 1 time. This can be changed by the end user and says 1 to 20 can be set so while it came setup for 10 login I could in a sense to support 20 active logins.

So if your camera will only let 1 device access it then you will want to log into your cameras WebUI and go to the Setup, Network, Connections and make a change in there to meet your needs
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
huskerfan

Post by huskerfan »

Hi and thank you,
I have an Amcrest IP4M-1053E connected via ethernet cable to my NVR. Works great!

I'd like to maintain that connection to my NVR but I'd also like to send that camera signal to another source.

So, in theory, I'd like to connect the camera ethernet cable to a device and then split it. I just don't know what that device is.

Can you help?
patric

Post by patric »

Maybe you could try splitting the HDMI output of your NVR.

https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Certifi ... 00F5R9TNM/
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well seeing that is a Camera with an Ethernet connection I am going to guess you will want a POE Switch that will work upto POE+ Or if your using a Power supply for the camera and not looking to use 1 cable for power and what not then you could use a Hub and to be honest if you have a Router already then you have normally 4 connections on there one could go to a Switch and then all your other devices could work off the switch for best performance. Or a normal hub will work as well.

If your looking for a POE Extender because your trying to power your camera from a POE+ Switch but past the area best for quality of power and signal again you would want to find one that will work with POE+

Or if your looking for something to plug your camera into for recording then your looking for a POE NVR...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
huskerfan

Post by huskerfan »

patric wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:45 pm Maybe you could try splitting the HDMI output of your NVR.

https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Certifi ... 00F5R9TNM/
Thanks for the suggestion. I have 8 other poe cameras coming out so I don't know how it would seperate the 9th camera.
huskerfan

Post by huskerfan »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:34 pm Well seeing that is a Camera with an Ethernet connection I am going to guess you will want a POE Switch that will work upto POE+ Or if your using a Power supply for the camera and not looking to use 1 cable for power and what not then you could use a Hub and to be honest if you have a Router already then you have normally 4 connections on there one could go to a Switch and then all your other devices could work off the switch for best performance. Or a normal hub will work as well.

If your looking for a POE Extender because your trying to power your camera from a POE+ Switch but past the area best for quality of power and signal again you would want to find one that will work with POE+

Or if your looking for something to plug your camera into for recording then your looking for a POE NVR...
I thought about sending that one camera into a switch and 2 out. One to my regular nvr and the other to my other device but maybe I had some problems with the settings--didn't work.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Connect your PTZ camera to a PoE switch or PoE injector connected to your router.   Then you can access the camera from your LAN attached NVR and "other device".
jack7

Post by jack7 »

jack7 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:32 pm Connect your PTZ camera to a PoE switch or PoE injector connected to your router.   Then you can access the camera from your LAN attached NVR and "other device".
Addition:
For the PTZ camera, be sure you use a PoE switch or Injector that provides 30W or more on the port you use.