Some cameras can connect via ethernet cable and others don't

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Shane2002

Some cameras can connect via ethernet cable and others don't

Post by Shane2002 »

I having issues with connecting 2 of 7 cameras to my NVR, model NV4108E. At point, all 7 cameras were working fine until I had to update the system and in doing so one the individual wires in the ethernet cable broke. I proceeded to redo the installation of the ethernet cables for the 2 that broke and they won't connect anymore. I've double and triple checked the order the individual wires need to be in and that is correct. I also know it isn't the port in the NVR because I've moved other working cameras around and they work in all ports.

What could the issue be? Can the breaking of an individual cable corrupt the camera? Is there some setting I need to go in on the NVR? Whenever I plug in those 2 cameras and go to "search for devices" on the NVR, nothing comes up.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Some cameras can connect via ethernet cable and others don't

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

It very well could be that the cable damage was caused by the camera going into a fault state. I have seen circuits burn up wires on an ethernet cable and then from the instant fail of the wire(s) it takes the device past its protection threshold. As that happens it takes the circuit past it's ability function and this damage can be something that is even hidden within a Package of the circuit and might not be able to know with looking. Every rare and so often you can take a device apart and see a bad part within the circuit most times they are hidden damage and needs to be tested to find faults.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Re: Some cameras can connect via ethernet cable and others don't

Post by Pogo »

Test your repairs on the ethernet cables with a good tester.