Solid Red Light on Amcrest ProHD 1080P

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
taggart6

Solid Red Light on Amcrest ProHD 1080P

Post by taggart6 »

Just opened up Camera and tried to get it running. The light is solid red and it won't reset. Wont connect via app or PC. Is there anything I can do other then send it back for a refund?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Solid Red Light on Amcrest ProHD 1080P

Post by Melvin »

Hi taggart6 ,
Please try hard resetting the camera. You can do this by pressing the red light button on the back of the camera for 15 seconds. Also, did you try hard wiring the camera to to your router with Ethernet cable? You should do that and then use the IP config tool on the computer to configure the camera.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

taggart6

Post by taggart6 »

Already tried hard reset and it's not working. Neither ethernet hard-line or wireless is working. Ip configuration tools can't find the camera and my router doesn't show the camera connected.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
In that case I think the device is faulty. Please have it replaced.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

taggart6

Post by taggart6 »

New unit came in and I was able to get in running.

However, I'm getting horrible echo on both the mic and speaker for the unit. Changing the noise filter and volumes does nothing.

EDIT: Resolved it when I figured out I was getting feedback due to the placing of the mic.
Dhraiden

Post by Dhraiden »

I am having the same issue. a hard reset is not negating the solid red light back to solid green. Just blinking green. What's the process for returning it?
amflg

Post by amflg »

I'm having the same issue. I reset it and wired it to the router which is fine, but wireless connectivity is not working. It seems the wireless adapter is dead
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@amflg Hello and welcome to the Forum

Sadly the OP had little different issue then your saying your having...

Might want to make a new post for your own Topic however here is somethings to look over and may fix your issue

Then click Setup
Then Network
Then TCP/IP
Then in there there should be a Drop down box and change to Wifi or Wireless
Then in there change the IP to a different IP for Wifi then you would have for your wired Ip
Then make sure that you have the Wifi turned on as it might be a setting under Network on the right
Look for Wifi, make sure it is Enabled
Then search and find your Wireless Router
Then setup router to your camera aka SSID and SSID Password for the camera to log into
after all them steps and saving at each step turn off Camera (Unplug it)
Unplug the Ethernet cable from camera
Plug camera back in and wait for 1 or 2 minutes and check your Router to see if your camera has connected VIA Wifi

if non of this has helped I would as I said before make a new Thread and please give MOdel of your camera and FW info
Be Safe.
amflg

Post by amflg »

My issue is resolved. I recently added a wifi extender and apparently the problem was the camera would no longer connect directly to router though I still have other devices that do. The camera is located roughly midway between the router and extender.

I did a reset then the wired ethernet setup which I did before and it was fine up to that point. However this time after removing the ethernet cable, from the cell phone app I selected the wifi extender which is what it found in the wifi search.