Software Is Amazingly BAD

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Adamm

Software Is Amazingly BAD

Post by Adamm »

The software you guys have written is incredibly terrible. It is filled with so many gotchas and errors that make it beyond frustrating to use. Why can't I reboot the NVR from the web interface (Local login, reboot failed!)?? Why do your P2P servers go down constantly? Why does your tech support, based in India, sound like they are reading scripts from a computer screen?

And don't even get me started on the Amcrest View Pro app. All we want to do is look at the cameras and review motion events (much like the Cloud app). I have never seen a more clunky and dysfunctional app in my life.

As I write this, the stupid chat window with the stock photos of "employees" has popped up 3 times asking if I want to chat.

Seriously. Get it together. This is pathetic.
GreenScrew

Re: Software Is Amazingly BAD

Post by GreenScrew »

I'm just a newbie ProHD customer with therefore relatively few expectations, but I find the software generally pretty good. The browser/plug-in on Windows 10 and IE has some room for improvement, and cert issues with software needing to be installed is borderline unacceptable, but the apps on iPad I find to be really good and the cloud solution is also darn great for how easy and simple it makes setting up for remote availability.

Anyway, my only comment is that rather than rage about how crappy something is, and just complaining, you might consider providing CONSTRUCTIVE criticism that could be leveraged to improve the product where you are highlighting its deficiencies and suggesting how to improve them? Just a thought... :-)
SpecimenB

Post by SpecimenB »

No, Adamm is right. The software is amazingly bad.
narrowfoot

Post by narrowfoot »

Dude, you have no idea... wait until you upgrade the firmware on your camera, or they push a new iOS app. then you will understand. Seriously, there should class-action it's so bad. Just today i had to downgrade my IP2M-841 firmware because the new version does not work.

GreenScrew wrote:I'm just a newbie ProHD customer with therefore relatively few expectations, but I find the software generally pretty good. The browser/plug-in on Windows 10 and IE has some room for improvement, and cert issues with software needing to be installed is borderline unacceptable, but the apps on iPad I find to be really good and the cloud solution is also darn great for how easy and simple it makes setting up for remote availability.

Anyway, my only comment is that rather than rage about how crappy something is, and just complaining, you might consider providing CONSTRUCTIVE criticism that could be leveraged to improve the product where you are highlighting its deficiencies and suggesting how to improve them? Just a thought... :-)
Heather88

Post by Heather88 »

It's so bad that I don't even know what to use to hook up my cameras anymore. We moved houses and I have spent 2 months trying to just get one of them working. The first time I set them up, I remember I had to do something on the computer, but I haven't been able to log into anything... nothing is recognizing my cameras... technicians haven't been able to help over email - they're just reading me the same manual that I am reading myself.

It's bad. Like really bad. I'm a graphic designer who owned their own PC since they were 5 years old - I know technology... and I can't even get them working anymore. That's a sad product.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Heather88,

Could you please call us on 1-888-212-7538?
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

ClarksonCote

Post by ClarksonCote »

If you're on a different network the IP addresses or subnet could be entirely different. You probably need their IP config tool to try and sniff out the cameras and then set them to an appropriate IP address that matches your new subnet.
mbryan718

Post by mbryan718 »

FOUR YEARS LATER and the firmware is still AMAZINGLY BAD.

RE: IP3M-941B

I've been buying these for years .. I do LIKE them better than most other brands, but EVERY TIME I buy new camera, I have to screw with the firmware versions to find a good working release.

STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX the web interface on these cameras have problems. It's unstable. The web pages have to be refreshed about 5 times just to get a complete login screen. Then once you've logged in, the config pages only half-way load.

Lastly, they REMOVED the ability to view the camera in FULL SCREEN ... why ?!?!?!?! Also, the ability to view the footage by timeline .. What are they thinking???

I would really appreciate an answer from AMCREST support regarding this. This problem isn't isolated to just myself. I've purchased DOZENS of these cameras in the past, and they ALL have this same problem.

If I find an IP camera I like better, I will never by an Amcrest product again. They've ignored this issue for FAR TOO LONG.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@mbryan718 Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Well as it might be the 941 is no longer getting FW updates and the last Update on the 941 I personally didn't DL and won't DL until I really need it.. So 4 years ago is the FW that I am running you can see my version and build date is from 2017.
Software Version
2.520.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2017-06-29

Not sure why or what you are having issue with? My 941 is able to run full screen!? I can still see my Cameras timeline data and or list it on the right to play back times I want like Motion only.

So here is some ideas that might keep things happier for you? 1 When you buy a camera if the 941 remember it is no longer supported with FW and noting new will come out unless there is some type of Breach in the last FW updated.. Then if your buying cameras even if they Report them being new they are really NEW OLD STOCK seeing they are no longer supported. Normally this will have a Release date on the white or silver sticker on the side of the camera box, This will give you a bit of info of the Current loaded FW but really isn't to helpful but if you don't like a FW say that was with something like AC00.04 or 07 then just stay away from them and even they can still be updated with the FW I have listed by setting up the camera with access to the internet and a good DNS settings.. When you press Check it will look and not report back right away but it will give you the last NON Java Script FW the one listed above is the last one before the 2019 JS update and is the last one offered for the 941 by check with button...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe