Snow flakes & motion detection

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
sylster

Snow flakes & motion detection

Post by sylster »

I know it's a weird topic title, but it's my reality. It doesn't seem to matter how sensitive I adjust the camera, if snowflakes go across the camera, it triggers the motion detect. I've tried.....high numbers, low numbers on the settings menu and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

It's bad enough I've had to turn off push notifications for events as it was sending hundreds of notifications when it snows. The problem with that is it also stops the actual motion I want detected.

I have an IP3M-943B ....aside from this issue, I am satisfied with what I have.

Any suggestions?

S.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Snow flakes & motion detection

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Sadly the issue can only really be resolved with a PIR or AI type of camera where you setup a Line Crossing rather then a motion system PIR isn't 100% better but can be a lot better then pure motion only events.. AI with either human or car setup will work as expected without fail and setting up a LIne Crossing even is great also.. I have never had any of my lines not work even on a Blizzard however don't work well in a White Out not many of them in the last 30 years in my area so I am good so far..
Be Safe.
Hotrod53

Post by Hotrod53 »

Yep, I have a ritual every morning of deleting alerts. If its raining or especially if its snowing, I get lots of alerts. Fortunately I've whittled it down to maybe 20 during a storm, it used to literally be 150 a night! My other issue is with headlights. Even though I have the street area blocked out, light from headlights that bleed over into monitored areas cause me to record cars going up my street at night...nothing that I can do about it.
CarlosB

Post by CarlosB »

Unfortunately there isn't any way to eliminate rain or snow flakes from being recorded at this time. This is just the camera doing it's job recording motion.
fjl05

Post by fjl05 »

I only have a problem with the rain drops at night when the camera has the IR light on. But I think it only detects or sees the raindrops that fall a few inches in front of the camera. So perhaps if I where to build a small awning like cover over the camera it should keep it from seeing the nearby IR lit raindrops. I'm hoping...
sherrmann

Post by sherrmann »

I have several Amcrest Smarthome Cameras, I just picked up the Interior Camera that has AI Human detection. It is brilliant. I have the same issue with Bugs, snow flakes and Rain,which makes Motion detection essentially useless. When is Amcrest going to release the Human AI on their other Smarthome out door products.