SMTP "Other" Configuration Does Not Work

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: SMTP "Other" Configuration Does Not Work

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I asked in PM for that info to be in PM and not posted if it wasn't related to what I thought was the post in Question. So Yes it was removed as it wasn't needed or part of helping answer the issue and hand.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

ok, got it! If a post contains any information deemed not relevant to the question at hand it is subject to being removed. Wow.

Sorry that I missed answering the PM's. There was TMI in there that I hadn't fully processed.
sickroachman

Post by sickroachman »

Is this really still not fixed?
bleeper

Post by bleeper »

i have the ipm-721 camera and no luck with this. same smtp settings work nicely with an older foscam. it appears that the amcrest mail settings require user authentication even with the anonymous setting and simple mail submission to port 25 isn't supported. no diagnostics either to figure out where things are going wrong. just a simple failed message. sucks.

edit: seems to work ok with smtp.office365.com and user auth over port 587. so the smtp port 25 submission error is def a firmware bug that probably is in a wide variety of amcrest products. like the op mentioned, the system doesn't even try to send the email. it just fails out of the gate.