Smart Player cannot play-back Qcam DAV files?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Ag88

Smart Player cannot play-back Qcam DAV files?

Post by Ag88 »

I have a Qcam system kit, came with the NVR (NV3108E) and 4 of the 3-MEgapixel Qcam cameras.

System is up and working and connected to my (internal) FTP server; set to write motion-triggered files to the FTP server.

When I check what is on the FTP, it writes a series of files which I presume to be DAV files. (no file extension is written, but I renamed them to ".DAV").

I tried using Smart Player, version 3.34.8 , from this link:
http://amcrest.com/index.php/fileupload ... _Setup.exe

It appears Smart Player cannot handle these files. Only a small section at the top of the image is drawn, the remainder of the image is solid green or grey color. This appears on both PLAYBACK (within Smart Player) and when exported to JPG and AVI in Smart Player. If I use the NVR itself to play-back the same motion event it plays back properly; but when I export to FTP server and try to play in Smart Player it cannot play the file.

Picture:

How do I play the files that are being recorded to FTP server ?
Ag88

Re: Smart Player cannot play-back Qcam DAV files?

Post by Ag88 »

Called and emailed several times still no resolution on this.
Last time I called I was told "will have a supervisor call you back about this later today" nobody ever called.

So, the Qcam system is transferring some type of file to my FTP backup server, but I have no way to view the files that are being generated.

Amcrest tech support seems at a loss, does anyone else have a Qcam system was able to playback the files that are generated from the FTP backup feature?