Skips in the recording

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
golf4387

Skips in the recording

Post by golf4387 »

I have my video detection area set up and generally it works real well. But sometimes the playback has gaps in the recording... maybe 15 or 30 seconds gaps. Yet right before the gap I see movement, and I have the recording delay set to 60... SO my thought is that since I just saw movement, and I have the delay set to 60, why would the recording stop ?? Should the camera not continue to record as long as there is movement ???

BTW.. here are some of my other setting in-case it matters... anti dither is on 2, pack duration is 10 (I will note that skips do not correlate with the end of a 10 minute recording), and pre-recording is set to 5.

Thoughts ??
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Skips in the recording

Post by Melvin »

Hello golf4387,

Can you please try increasing the anti dither value to something like 30? The value is how long the camera stays triggered once it detects motion. If the delay is set to 60 sec it will add another 60 secs to the video.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

marteswigg

Post by marteswigg »

I feel bad that no one has detected this before, or posted about it, however, upon further investigation, it appears that the combination of "Motion Detection" and actual motion occurring, while using continuous recording. The "enable motion detection," seems to trigger the "10 second" rule no matter what, and that seems to be what is causing these glitchy video recordings. I have deactivated all motion sensing on my IP5M-61179E cameras because I would see the first second of motion activation, and as soon as the counter moved into the yellow, it would hesitate long enough to lose the moving actor in the view. (I had some service personnel moving through the house, and one of the cameras started doing this, and the area of view is so small that the service person would disappear out of frame by the time the camera regained sanity and continued recording. ). It looks very much like a "network" issue because of how it seems to recycle while looking for the bottleneck to be released, however, this is a red herring and the camera itself is shuttering for a few seconds and failing to record.

Hopefully this will help someone, now that I have posted this possible issue cause and possible resolution, almost a full ten years after this dialog ended. (I.E. solution is to disable motion detection, and use continuous recording. I was using continuous recording and that is why I noticed the issue at all. I have a green area where you can see the shadow coming into view, and then when the actual detection occurs, the recording seems to pause for a few seconds, and then restarts. However, if there is a continuously moving actor in the frame, the recording will then pick up and begin showing that actor.). Very frustrating but I guess these cameras are not high enough quality to truly support the check-marked feature sets being advertised.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@marteswigg Hello and Welcome to the forum.

I don't have that camera so I can't say what the cause is. I personally don't record my systems like this on Micro SD card anyway. I am wondering if maybe it could be caused by the SD card that is being used? Not saying there is something wrong with yours. Just that there might be something wrong with the cameras ability to send data to it fast enough and for it to make a new file and chokes?

So I personally don't know what I do know is that I have my NVR's and DVR's are setup to record some cameras full time on Sub Channel. I do this mainly for the ability to hear the audio of the built in mic or added mics in that area. If there is motion or in most cases for me now days if there is some type of AI event the NVR will record that data on the Main Channel for full sized record keeping.

What Firmware are you using on your 1179? Also what type of Micro SD card are you using? The Age of the Card?

Have you tried to maybe turn off sending images, or maybe sending the images to a FTP server and let the recorded events on your Micro SD card?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe