Should I try a different brand?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
huskerfan

Re: Should I try a different brand?

Post by huskerfan »

The Reolink is hooked up and working in their software. It does not recognize in the Amcrest NVR but why would it? It's not wifi and I have it hooked directly to my internet switch. When I hook it up to the NVR, no dice. Nothing.

and yes, known working ethernet cables. I now have two big bricks with broken POE module's or whatever you called them.
I don't mind turning a screwdriver and opening these guys up. What am I looking for and how can I fix those modules?
huskerfan

Post by huskerfan »

I just bought another Amcrest PTZ, the 2899-ew
I hope it lasts longer than 2 years, that's all.
huskerfan

Post by huskerfan »

and this is the cable I have running to it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XH ... UTF8&psc=1

I have the internal cat5 running through the walls of my home and then I extended that with this cable. It is not rated for outdoors so maybe that's a problem?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It is really hard to say what the issue might be, The cable on the face says it is real Copper so that cable shouldn't be the issue, I don't have any that I could run a test on but it could be an issue if say you were in high lightning area and it could be the cat cable that runs in the house and or maybe the connection between it is really hard to say. When it comes to High Dollar PTZ cameras I would use 1 run from the Camera to the Host, Be it Switch or NVR.. Personally Cat7 is a format that didn't take well and personally I would stay with Cat5E and or Cat6A (Pure Copper) Cat7 cables use GG45 connectors, which is unrecognized by the EIA standards. Cat8 cost less then (7) and is the Direct Replacement to Cat6a. Most things you read about buying Cat7 to Cable for your Future is pure Hype..

About your Camera, I would double check and see if it is ONVIF, If it is then it will connect to the Amcrest NVR (Or Should) The NVR on your Normal Network has a IP that is different from the POE Switch IP. Using the NVR and doing a Search while the camera is connected to your normal network it should come up in the search or you can try to connect the NVR to the IP of the camera (Local IP first) Also the PORT it would be looking for isn't the same as Amcrest Cameras, you would choose ONVIF and Port 8000 for Reolink. I would make the cameras Password same as your NVR to make it easier to connect to the NVR...

I made a fast Video, Some extra time lost to waiting a little for it to pop up like it has for other cameras in the past. This one didn't so I removed it from the list and added it back and it came online.

https://youtu.be/LSe4UMsfbmc
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

About the new Amcrest PTZ. Not sure why you chose that one but I hope it works out better for your needs. I am sure the Picture will be amazing and with the Zoom ability of the 8mp camera is going to be some extra Crazy Details.. That camera will not have any issue connecting with your NVR (Or Shouldn't)

I really would Invest in some Cat5E Pure Copper or 6a Pure Copper cabling and have it ran to the location. If there is no Exposed wiring outside then normal ends will be fine. I wouldn't run a 1000 dollar camera on cabling that has already cooked 2 other or more cameras.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The Reolink camera should work with the Amcrest NVR given the proper setup.

Out of curiosity, how are the outdoor connections being weatherproofed for the failed cameras?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So just looking for an update to your repaired Camera? How is it working for you?
Be Safe.
DougvF

Post by DougvF »

huskerfan wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:04 pm I know this is an Amcrest Forum but I've had 2 ptz poe cameras fail in the last 6 months. Of course, both were out of warranty.

This model number I bought in 2021: IP4M-1063EW-AI
It's the latest to stop working.

This one here stopped working 6 months ago so I replaced it: IP4M-1053EW
and I've had one or two stop working before those.

I feel like an abused person that keeps going back to my abuser.

Is the life span of these really just about 2 years?
If I buy a Reolink ptz camera will it be compatible with the Amcrest NVR's?

Thank you
I have same camera IP4M-1053EW - bought in 2020, still going strong. However I'm using solid core Cat6 Outdoor, Shielded FTP run over PoE. No issues.