Shot caller camera & PTZ camera on Synology: How?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
purduearbuckle

Shot caller camera & PTZ camera on Synology: How?

Post by purduearbuckle »

Hello,

I have bought two Amcrest cameras for my system. One is a IP8M-T2669EW-AI. and the other is an IP4M-1063EW-AI. The IP8M is going to be the overseer of the IP4M. The IP8M will be used to detect cars coming to a stop sign via an IVS rule. Rule 1: North Bound Vehicle, Rule 2: South Bound Vehicle. Rule 3: East Bound Vehicle. Rule 4: North Bound Vehicle Backshot, Rule 5: South Bound Vehicle Backshot. Rule 6: West Bound Vehicle Backshot. I would like to get a message when each of the rules are detected and which rule was detected. From this information I will be using a Synology setup to put the IP4M on the position. Take the table of Rules and Presets below:
IP4M Rule IP8M Preset
Rule 1: North Bound Vehicle Preset 1: North Bound Stop Sign
Rule 2: South Bound Vehicle Preset 2: South Bound Stop Sign
Rule 3: East Bound Vehicle Preset 3: East Bound Stop Sign
Rule 4: North Bound Vehicle Backshot Preset 4: North Bound Rolling Away
Rule 5: South Bound Vehicle Backshot Preset 5: South Bound Rolling Away
Rule 6: West Bound Vehicle Backshot Preset 6: West Bound Rolling Away
I would like to be able to get out of the IP8M camera which IVS tripline rule is triggered so I can tell my IP4M camera which preset position to zoom into. Right now all I get from the IP8M camera is that an IVS rule has been triggered but I don't know which one and therefore don't know which preset to send the IP4M camera after. If you could either open up the firmware to communicate this information and/or provide examples.

I think the quickest way to accomplish this in the Synology suite of tools would be via an external event. If an external event could be an added option to select from in addition to record, send email and snapshot. The input would be a web address to send the information to. Synology uses events like this: http://192.168.1.52:5000/webapi/entry.cgi?api=SYNO.SurveillanceStation.ExternalEvent&method="Trigger"&version=1&eventId=1&eventName="This is external event1"&account="{account}"&password="{password}"

Any help or other ways of accomplishing this feat would be greatly appreciated.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Shot caller camera & PTZ camera on Synology: How?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

I personally have not worried about names or what not for my Trip lines. What I worry about is that my Recorder and or device have Recorded my event to meet my needs... With that said I am not sure that your NAS will be able to do what your asking for.. I mean there might be some AI NAS out there and while Amcrest does have ASP that can see Trip lines and Pop up when activated it still falls little short at what I can do with my AI NVR..

Main Menu, AI Menu, Parameters, IVS, Channel 7 (in my case) type AI By Cameras, Rules listed, Then there is some Trigger Cog that you can click on and choose what you want to happen. It is almost like Motion Detection area where it offers Period, Alarm Out, Latch, Record Channel, Post Record, PTZ Activation, Tour, Buzzer, Log, Voice Prompts and some others offered.. Once you apply after setting the rules you would need to also apply in the IVS area as it will still be with Blue line for that Rule once applied it has been saved to the system...

In that area you can tell a AI PTZ or even a non AI PTZ camera to pan tilt and zoom into any Preset that you have setup for that camera. So on mine, I have Camera 8 setup to PTZ to Preset 3 I also have a different rule setup to PTZ camera 11 to preset 15 and on a 3rd rule I have setup to PTZ camera 14 to preset 8..

For me my only requirement is that I can get my cameras to PTZ where I want them on the event that are not false alerts. Also doing so with Record also as an option from my AI camera in my NVR will make my Non AI PTZ camera still record with IVS tag so I can search just for IVS events if I wanted..

From the sounds of things it sounds like you need to add in a AI NVR to get your system setup and Recording things the way you want. If your NAS has AI rules and they work with Amcrest AI cameras then you should be able to or might be able to setup your system on each rule to ptz to each preset as you have your PTZ camera setup for.. About naming in general the IVS search is fast and easy with playback only what you want but yes understand it would be nice to be able to only search for NorthRoll or NorthStop and so on as search I would have to play around to see if it gives me info more then just Tripline as it might... I just never paid attention to the listing of events.. I know there isn't anything sent to my app or a way to get the IVS rule pushed to the app at this time anyway..
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@purduearbuckle
Perhaps there is a way to get an IVS event name to SS.  See this post:
https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/ivs-notif ... ost-503980
It would require some research.
Also, I was wondering what you are going to do when you receive multiple tripwire events at about the same time?
purduearbuckle

Post by purduearbuckle »

@@Revo2Maxx

Thank You for taking the time to explain this to me.

I'm just using the Synology NVR because I have it already in house. I like their products and they seem to cater to just the level of super nerd that I am without going all command line, bits and bytes on me.

I downloaded Amcrest Surveillance Pro (ASP) after I decoded the acronym. I couldn't find the path that you were referring to. Main Menu, AI Menu,...

So what is your AI NVR?

I need to to support 12 4k cameras and 1 1080 camera while storing video for 30 days. This throughput scared me off of Amcrest NVRs because 1. I wouldn't be able to try it before I buy it. 2. Scalability. With Synology I have 4 hard drive bays that I can stuff with up to 18TB drives and I can up grade the number of cameras that I support along with RAM and other parameters. 3. Repurpose. It's not just an NVR. It can be other things if I need it to be.

So I'm kind of afraid of taking the full plunge into the Amcrest system because of those reasons, but it seems that a blue on blue solution is the only one that will allow me to tease out and act on each individual IVS trip-line rule.
Last edited by purduearbuckle on Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
purduearbuckle

Post by purduearbuckle »

@jack7

I've dug into that feature. But it only works one tripwire rule of an IVS. Not the individual rules.

As for multiple triggers at the same time. I was going to get there when I could. I don't know. Maybe the PTZ would enter Michael J. Fox mode and just shake back and forth between the two presets until the active timer expired. Who knows?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well My AI NVR is the Amcrest 4216E-AI.. It is the 16 POE NVR that is 4k NVR. Right now it is one of 2 16port POE NVRs however the other one is a 5216E-16p and that NVR is a special Heat AI NVR.. It is little costly for the whole system and 1399 USD for the NVR alone.. My 4216E-AI NVR isn't that advanced however does offer as I said 16ch POE and does offer 2 HDD areas and is just under 500 USD with no HDD installed... 16tb max HDD ability with 8TB per HDD slot...

So about the Ability to run your 12 4k Cameras I can't say for sure seeing the Stats say it only support 7 and not sure I understand it all.. Seeing I also bought the 7108-AI 4k DVR because at the time it said it would only run cameras at 15 fps where the one I wanted was the 5116-AI and it said at the time it only supported 7 fps however as soon as I got the box I seen that was for 4k cameras and all my BNC cameras are 5mp or lower and now truely wish I would have bought the 5116-AI DVR... Seeing most of my cameras are 20fps for 5mp and 30 for my others...

Also the 4216E-AI also says it only supports 2 ch 4k playback so keep that in mind as well... Back in April I made a video about one of my cameras using at the time Trip Wire and Intrusion showing where people might be missing the final step.. https://youtu.be/2mxTK1HmGRw
Be Safe.
purduearbuckle

Post by purduearbuckle »

@Revo2Maxx

Thank You for putting that video together. It demonstrates that Amcrest is putting the hooks in to operate on each IVS rule.

So since your NVR is AI enabled, does that mean that the camera that is having the IVS tripwire rule doesn't also need to be an AI camera?
I guess what I'm asking is... Does the AI NVR actually run the tripwire rule or when it is plugged into an AI camera? Or is the AI NVR just configuring the rule on the AI camera and looking for the flags to be returned?

Just looking to understand if I can cost reduce my system by picking up ordinary 4k cameras where I need this shot caller PTZ relationship because the AI NVR has it covered.

I need to roll through and watch your channel on YouTube.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So both the AI DVR and the AI NVR does offer Trip Wire and Intrusion as part of the AI.. They both also have the ability to have Face Detect and Rec with databases for good list and bad list.. The DVR personally has something little better in my mind and with any luck the NVR will be updated with it and that is the SMD (Smart Motion Detection) Now in a since the NVR has that as well it just isn't stated as such.. I mean with my DVR in normal Motion Detection it can be choose with Person or Vehicle or both.. Then something comes on screen a motion box comes up and then it will list human or Vehicle or both..

Please note that the Rules that come in the DVR/NVR is 2 channels and don't have to be used with AI cameras for them 2 channels to work. Where the AI cameras comes into play with the AI NVR is that you can have say a 16ch AI NVR 14 AI cameras and all 16ch can then use IVs rules with the 2 built in and the others from the cameras...

Now I have tried to trick my NVR to run both Face Detection with the Cameras function while the NVR was really in IVS rules mode and while it did work it didn't work well and didn't always make the Detection..

What I do know is I have had the AI DVR/NVR since my Birthday in April I think I got the NVR first a few days before April and got the DVR in April.. The DVR also didn't come with a HDD, It does have the ability to turn into a Double Channel NVR 16ch IP only however doing so will remove the AI ability and to be honest the cost of the unit I think is personally outside of the scope of someone doing that..

So yes NVR offers 2 channels of IVS or Face Detection.. Using it with other AI cameras make the NVR work with the Rules setup on the camera and you can also set the rules from the NVR once the AI camera is setup..

So Even though the NVR only offers Tripwire (line crossing) Intrusion, my 1046EW-AI camera gives the NVR the ability to setup only on my 1046 cameras channel the Tripwire, INtrusion, Abandoned, Fast-Moving, Parking, Crowd Gathering Estimation, Missing and Loitering Detection that is all in my Camera.. HOwever when setup of rules in the NVR the NVR will let me use the cameras AI ability within the NVR.. So there are lower costing AI cameras that might only offer Tripwire and Intrusion options or a few others that are not even listed in my cameras setup again they would be able to run in the NVRs rules settings...
Be Safe.