Settings keep getting lost - anyone found a solution?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
biondi

Settings keep getting lost - anyone found a solution?

Post by biondi »

Hi,

There's quite a long post in this forum about different settings having to be continually updated by users as they keep getting 'lost' somehow. I have a Pro HD with the latest firmware and it keeps changing my resolution to VGA, I'll change it and it will stick for a few days - only to eventually swap back to VGA, no idea why.

I raised it with support who told me to patch with the latest firmware, despite the fact that I had already said I was on the latest firmware. Their next communication was that I should call them. They supplied me with a US number but being in the UK, this was not ideal. I've asked them a couple of times since via the support case as to how to fix the problems with the settings but have had absolutely nothing back. Therefore, I presume they don't know.

I have read the forums posts (https://amcrest.com/forum/ip2m-841b-set ... -t374.html) but don't want a 'hack' - I want a proper solution to the problem. I am NOT using the cloud.

I get on very well with this camera and genuinely like it a lot, however, I can't keep being expected to go in every couple of days and change the settings each time. So, one final attempt before I send it back via amazon and give it the review the support of this product deserves - does anyone know how to fix this problem? Or, can Amcrest confirm they are working on a solution?

Thanks,

Matt
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Settings keep getting lost - anyone found a solution?

Post by Melvin »

Hello Matt,

Sorry to hear about the issue. We are aware of the issue where time stamp disappear on the camera and resolution changing when camera is active on Cloud service. The resolution automatically changing only happens when the camera is added to cloud as per the information we have. We are definitely working on fixing these issues asap.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

biondi

Re: Settings keep getting lost - anyone found a solution?

Post by biondi »

Melvin, sorry but did you not read my post? I am not using cloud services, I even put that in bold - I am NOT using the cloud. This has been said countless times on your forum, it is impacting people who are not using the cloud services. Are you working on this? Sorry to be blunt but I'm fed up with this now.