setting up ip cameras

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
corvairbob

setting up ip cameras

Post by corvairbob »

i just got these 2 ip cameras model ash21-b cameras. i found the ip config software and for some reason, it will not let me change the ip address i use .0.01 for the router and the router chose 0.39 for the camera ip address and the username shows up ad admin and xxxxxx port is 80 but it will not logon
i closed the ip cam config program and reopened it and it showed the camera as you see in the att. but when i try to log on i get incorrect username and or password. so what might i have done wrong in the settings? i do not think i have to change the port just yet to see the camera inside my network, only if i try to see it outside the network.

so does anyone have an idea i might try? in the setting i have start ip and ip number and i have no idea what to put there default user name is admin and the password is xxxxx and it tells me incorrect un or pw. i did do a reset on the device and it did not change anything.

thanks.
Attachments
amcrest ip camera-1.jpg
amcrest ip camera-1.jpg (37.87 KiB) Viewed 583 times
corvairbob

Re: setting up ip cameras

Post by corvairbob »

ok so i just did the app and this one turns out is has been setup by someone named [email protected] so i still should be able set this up on the config app for home use correct? i may not get this one to work with the phone app but i will see if the other one that was still in the box new might be able to setup. it might just be the one that was not in the box new may have that [email protected] infor stuck into it. if the new in the box one works is there a way to get amcrest to clear out the other user infor and reset it for there end if i can send them a photo of the data tag on it? or is this one just now stuck and garbage? i got it off the goodwill auction site so it was a donation and the last owner must have not liked them.

thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So the ASH21 is not a locked device that I know of? I could be wrong..

So you need to use the Smarthome App from Amcrest. It is not a IP camera it is a Smarthome Camera that works like an IP camera.. In other words (Have to be clear so others don't Correct me) I say it isn't an IP camera because it don't have a WebUI.. IP cameras have WebUI's...

This camera will work with DVR/NVR, ASP, Blue Iris, and other 3rd party devices after it has been setup using Smarthome app..

So if the camera is setup already, You will want to slide the head up so the lens is facing the top in that area next to the Micro SD slot is a Reset button. It is a Cut out looking area that will have reset on it. Click it and hold until the camera changes to red (I hold until it flashes to red 2 times) once it does it will reset the camera back to factory. Then log in the camera using SmartHome app and setup there should be no lock unless it is a V2 or V3 that now has that feature (I hope they don't) If they do and that person is no longer on earth or no one watching the email account for you to request them to remove their account from it then they are paper weights.. However if it does reset like my V1 does and most of my other Smarthome devices besides my Battery Camera.. Then it should be able to be reset by switch (Button) and then setup again without an issue..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
corvairbob

Post by corvairbob »

ok i did that and then nothing works the camera show but i can't do anything in the account it will not let me enter the devices it will not let me delete the device it will not let me delete my account. i just spent an hour on the phone with a hard to hear girl she did her best but nothing worked. she had me delete the app then go into the app and delete the data and chashe and that failed she had me try to reinstall it and that failed

the ipconfig pc program saw the cameras but would not let me change anything but if it is not a pc camera i guess that explains it.

so how can i delete the camera from amcrest app or account? and then how can i delete my account? thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So again I am sorry there is just a lot there and I am not sure what app your asking about. Not sure if you only tried using AVP or Smarthome app..
However to delete the device from the app. click on the smarthome app, then click on the camera, then top right click on the Cog then it will have Delete Device on that page..
To Delete your account from Smart Home then you would want to bring up the app, Click on Account on the bottom right of the app, Then you will want to click Manage Account. Then at the bottom of that screen will be in Red Delete Account...

However if your trying to work with a camera that is still in working order why delete the account?

The camera can't work on RTSP, or any other format without first setting up on the Smart Home app.. Once you setup on there you can then access the device using ASP, AVP BI DVR/NVR and other 3rd party devices..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
corvairbob

Post by corvairbob »

yes i know i have set up lots of cameras.
the smarthome app will not let me do anything. i even had support on the phone and they could not help everything they tried with me failed. the camera will not show on the app it says it is there already but it is not there.
it will not let me add the cameras as the app says it is still there. so as long as i do not have any payment info on the website or the app my best bet is to toss them out. these are the worst cameras i have ever tried to set up. very poor app.

i deleted the app i uninstalled the app i deleted the app data and the app cashe and still the same thing. i do not know what to tell you.

i installed the app just to see if i could go into the camera setting and change the ports and the username and passwords but the app will not let me into anything. and like i said now it will not even show up in the app. i reset it i deleted the app the data the cashe and still nothing works. the girl on the phone had me go and open a case in amcrest smarthomeapp site and now i will see if they can delete the device and maybe the other one that is hooked up to some other guy that must have had the same issue and just tossed them out to goodwill.

thanks.