Setting the IP2M-841 reboot position

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
HikwQedxw

Setting the IP2M-841 reboot position

Post by HikwQedxw »

Finally noticed something about the new FW for the 841's how they never point where you want them to after a reboot.
Here is two simple, but rather explicit, rules to remember.

1 - After reboot the camera will ALWAYS return to the last position set using the manual PTZ controls.
2 - Moving the camera using a stored preset DOES NOT overwrite the last manual control PTZ position. See rule #1.

Note: Does not matter which interface you use web browser or mobile device app.

So if you want your camera to point at the driveway at reboot you have to point the camera there using the manual PTZ controls.
Now if you later access the camera and move it around using only stored PRESET positions the camera will return to the position on the driveway when it reboots.

However, if you move the camera manually to watch a squirrel on the fence then use a preset position to move back to the driveway the camera will return to where the squirrel was on the fence after a reboot, which was the last manually set PTZ position.

So I have the position I want to call the home position as PRESET #1. Now when ever I move my camera around I make sure to go back to PRESET #1, then I use the manual PTZ controls to wiggle the camera L & R causing that to become the current manual PTZ position.
SImple to overcome, but incredibly annoying and inconvenient.

Most other camera brands make it simple and tell you the PRESET #1 is the position the camera will go to after reboot, but not Amcrest.

Hope this helps.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Setting the IP2M-841 reboot position

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have more then 12 of these cameras and out of them all only 1 is left on the new 2019 or 2020 FW for the 841 all others have returned to the 2.520.xxxxxxx Version of the FW (Or older for testing) and won't get the update for as long as the camera can go without new FW.. However out of my more then 12 I only have 1 that just don't work for me.. There is something wrong with the camera on Old or NEW FW it don't matter the camera is a spaz...

All of the other cameras I have not had the issue that your talking about.. All my cameras after a reboot return to the last area they were unless like one of my 841 I have it setup at around 3 or 4x zoom and after reboot it does return to the area of the preset just not at the zoom factor... SO I will bring up the cameras PTZ controls and go to Preset 1 and it zooms into the right area of View...

So for me what I noticed as others had pointed out some of the 841's I had with Preset 3 and over after a Reboot would just go off to la la land and is why all my cameras are now on older FW The one Camera I got from Amcrest with 2019 FW already installed on the camera was the one that was bad from the start.. Camera was installed with lens facing at right 3 o'clock and after a reboot with new FW on it the camera would end up in areas that I didn't have Preset set since a Reset before.. (Calling Reset positions that I didn't even have in the camera any longer) Then after the camera was returned with older FW back on it installed again with camera facing 3 o'clock and only 1 Preset installed, the camera would turn maybe 10 degrees and act like it was at the full built in pan stop to the left but wasn't even facing to the front. Then trying to move the camera I had to go back to right stop before it would pan to the left past Front of camera.. After the camera is rebooted 2 or 3 times preset 1 would be lost.. So yeah this camera has been removed from Work and will only be used in a Back up needs for when I am working on a camera that needs to be in place..
Be Safe.