sensitivity and threshold with regions

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
[email protected]

sensitivity and threshold with regions

Post by [email protected] »

Thulley
Jul 19, 2:37 PM CST

I am getting lots of email alarms with no discernible difference in the snapshot.
I have 4 different regions configured with different sensitivity and threshold settings.
More sensitive for close to my front door, less sensitive for further away, etc.
How to I know what region is triggering and causing the email to be sent??
It would be nice if email include the region that triggered the email so I know which region to change the sensitivity and threshold in?? Anyone else having any luck with regions, sensitivity, and motion triggering events?
ip2m-842b with the latest firmware.
newman

Re: sensitivity and threshold with regions

Post by newman »

Amcrest provides a lot of settings which is good. However, they didn't test the software well. Many of the settings are not persisted or get reset automatically somehow.

I tried to set some regions with different sensitivity, but it doesn't stick around. E.g. At one point, I setup all four different regions with different sensitivity. But when I check back later, all of them are gone and got reset to default. However, then, I changed the region1 (orange) to 50%, and region4 (green) to 100% for a small area. When I check back later, region1 is reset to default 75%, but region4's 100% is still there.

Also, the sensitivity max. scale changes to 60 sometimes. However, if you drag it using mouse, it goes to 100%.

I don't understand what "Threshold" means and how it works. Would appreciate if somebody can explain it to me.
minilude

Re: sensitivity and threshold with regions

Post by minilude »

Hey I'm not sure if you guys are using Cloud service. This cloud service is the problem of many things. many settings tend to go back to default or overwrite by the cloud. I've now ditched it. delete my account completely. so far haven't found my settings change. The cloud is still convenient, too bad. hope amcrest can solve this problem.