security question IP addresses

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
RedDirtDog

security question IP addresses

Post by RedDirtDog »

Hi, I have a Amcrest NVR with p2p off but I also just got blue iris software and have a security question, If someone else (particularly a family member) gets the IP address of my router and the IP address of one of my amcrest cameras and they also get their own blue iris software or other amcrest apps can they then hack/view that camera? or does the cameras username and password on blue iris prevent all access to that camera?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: security question IP addresses

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure I understand. What one needs to know. IF your NVR is Port Forwarded and you have access from the outside of your network then anyone can try to hack your camera/NVR system

Using P2P they need to know your user and password to get into your camera and they would need to know the SN of the camera for that..

What is the Best thing to do. To be honest if you want a less chance of someone hacking your NVR and or camera change not only your Password but also change the user ID.. IF someone is working to hack a camera using the admin account that has no access no issue..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe