Secondhand Amcrest camera issues

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
faephoric

Secondhand Amcrest camera issues

Post by faephoric »

I bought a wifi Amcrest camera used off of Mercari from a secondhand shop. (Before you ask, no, they have no idea how to help either). My first issue was that I could not connect to the camera due to the name or password being incorrect, despite factory resetting it several times. I was messing around with it again a few days ago and for some reason the factory reset this time worked. I was able to load it into the Amcrest Cloud app and it treated it like a new camera, letting me set the name and password. I was so excited thinking I'd fixed it, but the app would not let me proceed any further because 'the camera is already attached to an account'. I tried again to load it into the Amcrest View app and while this time it did actually connect to the camera due to me having the correct username and password, it would not let me view the camera because 'the password is incorrect'. I have contacted Amcrest Support with these details several times and have only heard back once with a generic email asking me to factory reset, despite me stating in the original message that I had done so several times. I've updated them on my progress again and have yet to hear back. Again.
Does anyone know if there's any way I can disconnect the camera from the account? I'd think that factory resetting would do that for me but it hasn't. My return window for the camera is up now so I'm stuck with it either way; obviously I'd really like to be able to use it.
Camera model IP2M-841.