SD Recording Fragmented

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jack7

Re: SD Recording Fragmented

Post by jack7 »

Just a few thoughts...
I suggest you take a look at your camera Date and Time settings for all DST settings including NTP Server.  See if anything is suspicious.
Why are you getting all those Set Time commands in the logs?  What could cause that?
Is there anything the NVR could be doing to change camera time settings?
Do you enable ANR in NVR Storage section?  When NVR HD has missing recordings, it will copy/move SD card continuously recoded files to fill in missing NVR files. Maybe that could cause a problem.
Those 8MP cameras recording sd card continuously may stress the camera and cause problems at times, especially if they have high settings.
patric

Post by patric »

jack7 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:06 pm Do you enable ANR in NVR Storage section?  When NVR HD has missing recordings, it will copy/move SD card continuously recoded files to fill in missing NVR files. Maybe that could cause a problem.
Those 8MP cameras recording sd card continuously may stress the camera and cause problems at times, especially if they have high settings.
Not all the affected cameras are set for 8MP (one is at 720p) nor are they all connected to an NVR.
patric

Post by patric »

UPDATE: After a couple of SD card formats and several camera soft re-boots, the problem vanished as quickly as it came, on all my cameras in all locations. Web browsers didnt seem to make any difference, nor any association to a NVR or switch. Resolution or framerate also didnt seem to matter.

The only other factor they all had in common was being set to respect Daylight Saving Time, which ended here on Sunday, 7 November when most U.S. residents (and their "smart" appliances) set their clocks back one hour to Standard Time, i.e., going from GMT -5 to GMT -6 in my zone.

I believe there may be a firmware incompatibility that causes these Amcrest cameras to choke when DST ends.
A firmware update is the last thing I want to do when historically it has meant that features I regularly depend on disappear, so I suspect I have another year before I have to worry about this again.

Time will tell.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure how these things work. I know my AI cameras are messed up right now. I will have to pull the cards and test them out they have 3 year warranty so if they are really bad now I will exchange them out. Tested 2 of my AI cameras and one of them went offline about 5 min ago now and has not returned that was my Dahua 4mp. my 1046EW-AI camera same card also 4mp has missing days for search so as soon as it is little warmer then Snow and Cold I will go remove the cards. Little upsetting Bought the Purple mSD because they were made for Security cameras..

Edit: My dahua while it says it is giving power to the camera after I tried to access the mSD card the camera crashed and has not returned either. I even tried to reboot my POE Switch all other devices returned after the reboot just not my Dahua only get "Warning %LINK-W-Down: e1" it is in a Remote location with 4 other POE devices so I know the Switch if fine.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:52 pm Edit: My dahua while it says it is giving power to the camera after I tried to access the mSD card the camera crashed and has not returned either. I even tried to reboot my POE Switch all other devices returned after the reboot just not my Dahua only get "Warning %LINK-W-Down: e1" it is in a Remote location with 4 other POE devices so I know the Switch if fine.
I have at least one PoE switch that will cut power to the last port if it senses you are overloaded. Something to check.
You sound like you might be at this a while; probably worth its own thread.