SD Recording Fragmented

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: SD Recording Fragmented

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Do you use ASP at all with your cameras?

It is odd that a Camera that is Remote and your local camera would stop working the same day. This leads me to believe that as Jack7 said cloud or as I am saying maybe ASP has made a change in settings on a Multi camera scale. I know that I have had some issues while using ASP with multi cameras on multi location setup. Some settings that I made for one camera translated to more then 1 camera and even settings that I didn't make to a camera was changed making me have to Reset the camera to get it to work correctly.

What does your logs say for the day leading to the times recordings stopped.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:37 pm Do you use ASP at all with your cameras?
No ASP, no Cloud. Acessed by web interface.

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:37 pmIt is odd that a Camera that is Remote and your local camera would stop working the same day. This leads me to believe that as Jack7 said cloud or as I am saying maybe ASP has made a change in settings on a Multi camera scale. I know that I have had some issues while using ASP with multi cameras on multi location setup. Some settings that I made for one camera translated to more then 1 camera and even settings that I didn't make to a camera was changed making me have to Reset the camera to get it to work correctly.

What does your logs say for the day leading to the times recordings stopped.
About half the cameras didnt store a log (other than me logging in to look at the log).
The cameras that did retain a log just showed a few remarks, mostly odd clock adjustments I didnt do manually.
This screenshot is a local camera after I formated and re-booted.
tulcam1-1.jpg
tulcam1-1.jpg (47.52 KiB) Viewed 2608 times
In the settings, Storage | Record Schedule, the lines are all green but Setup isnt saving changes. I was fairly certain all the days were checked off earlier. (see screenshot).
tulcam1-1.jpg
tulcam1-1.jpg (47.52 KiB) Viewed 2608 times
My cameras are a mix of the old Direct-X and new Javascript, but that doesnt seem to make any difference (other than the older firmware does a better job of graphically representing how fragmented the recording is, with the seek bar).
Im almost wondering if this might be some zero-day flaw in the firmware (with November being the zero day) or some malware possibly on my end that I havent detected.
Maybe this happens to other users who dont rely on SD card playback directly from the web application, and simply dont notice?
Attachments
Utdyjdtyed-1.jpg
Utdyjdtyed-1.jpg (49.54 KiB) Viewed 2608 times
patric

Post by patric »

(I have no idea why a screenshot repeated, it didnt appear that way in composition)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry to hear about that.. Looking at my cameras with mSD not many are setup for full time recording because I use recorders and FTP for most of these things. Looking at my systems and my recorders all of them recorded without an issue on the Nov time change.

They all back to normal now? or they still in some kind of funk?

Personally I would go over the footage and backup anything you need to Keep and Format and start fresh and see how that works. Maybe even remove and reinsert them if not to cold out and hard to reach.

Maybe setup your app to push alert for Recording error? I setup my Critical cameras to Email me on HDD error and when it gets low so I can look over the old footage before over writes and I have started Formatting them before they get full to keep down errors.. Only my AI hardware I have setup for email alerts on a couple IVS events only because my area would just be non stop events. Like the other night I have 4 hours of motion on one of my cameras because of the high winds and rain. Lucky for me that camera is being recorded on my NVR on 6tb drive I just wish there was a way I could clear things like that without having to format the whole HDD..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

WOW ok all this talk about bad mSD cards and now starting at 209 EST one of my cameras has spammed my Email over 90 times lol Yeah don't setup to go to email. Personally don't like email much so only have alarms and 1 or 2 tripwires that go to it but now seeing that the alarms have a start and end email wow that is just to much lol I will move back to only using push from the app. I just wish the app would get updated with IVS..
Screenshot (1227).png
Screenshot (1227).png (109.04 KiB) Viewed 2605 times
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:32 pm Maybe setup your app to push alert for Recording error? I setup my Critical cameras to Email me on HDD error and when it gets low so I can look over the old footage before over writes and I have started Formatting them before they get full to keep down errors..
A NVR alert about a Hard Drive error wouldnt alert me to a camera SD card problem, especially to affected cameras with no NVR.

...and we eliminated a bad SD card as the culprit because the problem affected every Amcrest camera I operate the same way at the same time, even cameras in another state. Thats why Im suspecting a firmware flaw or malware issue at this point.
Last edited by patric on Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patric

Post by patric »

I should point out that this problem cropped up last November, cleared up, and then re-occured this November. Very odd.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Starting last night as I said above in one of my AI cameras and now in my second AI cameras both have cards bought same time and now my 1046EW-AI camera I look and it also is crying Error. These cards are less then a year old and what really upsets me is they are WD Purple.

I don't use emails for my Recorders normally I do for my Critical use cameras that I have connected on my normal Network, turn them off when I connect to my POE port of the NVR's.

But yes now my second one started today at 520am it didn't get to the coldest point in day today until 8am so not sure what the issue is. I will have to keep any eye on them

Starting to think NOV is when one of mine last year that went bad and left it cause it was just to cold from then on until spring by then that card was not working in any camera and nothing I could access on any of my computers using any software for recovery..

Looking at the camera I don't normally but looking at the cameras mSD I see it started back on the 7th wth
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I think I found my issue. While I am not 100% sure but after taking out the cards and testing them all to be in good working order rebooted both my cameras (I have them off normally however turn on weekly reboots) I did look in my Switches logs and there was reports of spikes of power at that time both the cameras reported issues with the mSD cards. I wonder if power is my issue I rebooted my Switch that I also have turned off from self reboots and it had been up for 442 days. While I say spikes the poe power was dropping it says while the switch it self was taking spikes and this could be caused by the cold leading up to last week. I have a climate controlled rack I installed the switch in. Most times heat is something you want to expel however that location is non heated and so my heated and cooled outdoor unit will do the job. Designed to work at temps down to -10F and heats to constant 60F.

I couldn't see a mSD card that carries a 3 year warranty fail already in less then a year and 2 of them at that..
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:31 pm Well I think I found my issue.
Good that you were able to identify your power supply problem, but it doesnt seem to be related to the issue at hand here due to the fact that it involves identical failures of Amcrest cameras in two different states about a thousand miles apart on the same day.
Thats why Im leaning towards a firmware bug or malware as a possible explanation, perhaps coinciding with the end of Daylight Saving Time in the US.