SD Recording Fragmented

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
patric

Re: SD Recording Fragmented

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm While I know this is or the writing is for a POE camera...
Is it connected to a Managed Switch?? What does the logs tell you for the day it is having the issues?
Its downstream of an unmanaged TP-Link Gigabit PoE TL-SG1008P Switch, and this is the SD card in the camera (not the NVR).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Understand, if you log into the camera, go to setup, then the last on the left should be info and then in there is Log, do a search for todays events sadly if there is more then 1024 it will only list 1024 and maybe just do the hour there that was listed as broke up recordings and maybe I can see something in teh logs that can help point out what is going on..

I was asking yes about managed or non to try and get the logs from that as well for the port in question but the log info for the camera is important if you could...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

I happened to be listening to the audio of a live camera via the HDMI output of my NVR when it unexpectedly quit. The picture froze and eventually went to black with a "host not found" message.
It eventually came back online so I looked at the cameras log to try and see whats up. I cant say whether or not this is the same problem I documented in previous posts (above) or something unrelated, but there was only one "skip" in this event. Puzzling.
log-1.jpg
log-1.jpg (95.43 KiB) Viewed 2588 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So not sure what is going on.. I do know that while I don't have what is being called offline events for no reason or skipping however I can get it to do such things in playback and in searching for files if I have events within a recorded time

So patric, I am not sure what the issue is the Log file your showing don't show anything for playback or anything within the log during playback..

What I do notice with new FW is that when I playback something in Full time Record time and if an area comes up to an event I have issues with Recording smoothly making a transition between the 2..

To better understand the issue in your playback time would be helpful to see the log for that time of the event to have a better understanding of what might be going on.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

The log events
Abort | Start up | Save configuration
seem to correspond to the "blackout" and camera freeze (and the corresponding hole in the green bar) culminating with
Eject | Login
and restoral of camera operation.

Could "eject" be the SD card dismounting itself?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Could be a bad or starting of a bad MSD card..

How old is the card and is it within the right size and type for the camera? I have heard that some people like to use cards that are over the max size because they seem to work for them at the time.. Also most I think are Class 10 and should be a quality company card.. I know have I have some that I bought with other hardware I have tried to use and no matter how hard I try they won't work in Amcrest Cameras or they will let me Format them but only get 2 gb of use before it fails to work however remove and put back in a different camera different company, format and it will work upto max it formatted to and no issues. I have even had a couple that my Amcrest Camera became very hot in the MSD area just trying to format the MSD. Removing the card installing in different amcrest camera and it worked so I don't know sometimes there is issues that I don't understand. Normally I don't have missing areas of records unless the camera has lost power.. OR Recording a Wifi Camera on my NVR that has Networks issues..

Also oddly I have one thing that I remember being an issue in one of my cameras at least and that is when the card gets full the camera starts to act up and have connection errors but is a Wifi Camera. Once I log in and Format I will not have an issue for a while.. Even though I have it setup for overwrite..

I guess could be Card Related.. I know when my NVR had some issues with the HDD even though it was new but had it just on OVERWRITE and not doing any new format at the time once I noticed it wasn't recording and logged in to find the HDD had moved from 1 to 0 in the logs, after doing a Reboot and format the issue was gone and just keep an eye not to let it Record full anymore. ONly a 4tb so don't take long to fill up full time recording..
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

So this issue, which affected most but not all my cameras, seemed to go away for several months and just re-appeared. This time, however, it was also happening to the same model camera in a different city in almost the identical manner.
I formatted the card in one camera and allowed it to reboot, and it looked fine for about 2 days until it would randomly pause recordings.

Is there something about the first of November or the end of Daylight Saving Time that turns your SD recordings into swiss cheese?

In the screenshot below, the SD card recorded normally but recorded nothing on the 8th, and only a few minutes on the 9th. Several of my cameras behaved almost identically, skipping the 8th and recording a snippet the following day despite being properly configured to record 24/7. This is why im convinced it isnt an SD card because others on the network are doing the same thing at about the same time.
The irony is they all worked flawlessly all summer.
Attachments
pausing-1.jpg
pausing-1.jpg (44.03 KiB) Viewed 2513 times
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Was your camera video stream working on the 8th?
Are you using amcrest cloud?  The amcrest cloud link in lower left corner of your screenshot caused me to mention it.
Maybe cooler weather now is causing the problem?  
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If it is an older MSD could be caused by the cold. It always seems cold weather is when mine go bad. I have only had a couple go bad in warm weather. Last year one of my cameras with 2 year old MSD went bad when weather dropped 10 degrees lower then the cameras specs say I should have the camera installed at.

Don't seem any of my IP camera have heaters and even some of my newer PTZ don't have heaters that I can control only my older PTZ's. One of my cameras I need to pull and check heater in it. Last week it was iced up and the camera said heater was on.

For me I did replace the MSD in the camera this spring. However after a couple of months I removed it and added the camera to a NVR and FTP backup and moved my MSD to a camera that is little more mission critical.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

jack7 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:36 pm Was your camera video stream working on the 8th?
Are you using amcrest cloud?  The amcrest cloud link in lower left corner of your screenshot caused me to mention it.
Maybe cooler weather now is causing the problem?  
Change in weather might be a logical culprit, just not this time. We have had bigger changes that didnt affect any of the cameras, but the clincher is that the same mode of failure affected cameras I administer that are almost a thousand miles away. The screenshot shows a very remote camera that simply stopped recording the same day my local ones did, on Nov 7.

My local cameras are tied into an NVR and I monitor the HDMI picture daily, the remote ones arent connected to an NVR and are just accessed via their web interface. Im not using Amcrest Cloud. So that rules out a cold day or an old SD card.
What could be happening?
WI469748-1.jpg
WI469748-1.jpg (44.99 KiB) Viewed 2496 times