SD Card no longer shows yet been using for years.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
boxpin

SD Card no longer shows yet been using for years.

Post by boxpin »

IP4M-1026B

I have had this wifi camera for years. The SD card just disappeared from the menu, out of the blue. I have reset the camera, nothing. I have not touched it, it just stopped working or better explained does not show up in the menu anymore. Worked fine two days ago.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: SD Card no longer shows yet been using for years.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

That is about how it goes. I had a WD 64gb in one of my cameras for about 2 1/2 years and now no longer able to access the MSD. SO I went to camera removed it and brought into house. Connected to computer and computer can't find it either..

Main issue is and people don't understand this really. Most times the system is writing to the MSD full time even if you have it setup for motion it will always writing. When there is motion it will mark the spot and make your Recoding as you have asked it to, Be it 4sec pre record and 10sec or how ever long post record so in order to do the Pre it has to always be writing to the MSD.. It isnt' easy on the card..
Be Safe.
davidt

Re: SD Card no longer shows yet been using for years.

Post by davidt »

Hi @boxpin

I have gone through 3 Samsung EVO cards already, the cameras can chew through them especially if you are doing a lot of Read/Writes to the card, the SD-CARD do not typically like that.

My last ditched attempt is to try this one out: https://www.cheapchips.com.au/sandisk-h ... -card-64gb

The technical sales person advised that they are designed to work in IP Cameras and can sustained prolonged R/W and large volume incremental as well.

Since the Amcrest cameras are really crap working with FTP, the only option right now is to go back to using an SD card.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

David.