Save failed! for video settings on IP8M-VB2896EW-AI

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ribby

Save failed! for video settings on IP8M-VB2896EW-AI

Post by ribby »

I just purchased a couple IP8M-VB2896EW-AI cameras, and I updated to the most recent firmware. When I try to go and change the Encode Mode from H.264 to H.265, I get "Save failed!". If I try to turn off the Sub Stream, I also get the same error. Some other items in the Camera-->Video settings tab can be saved, but I do want to get H.265 working. I messaged tech support, but wondering if others have seen this?
amcrest.jpg
amcrest.jpg (141.87 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Save failed! for video settings on IP8M-VB2896EW-AI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

My guess is that the camera don't Support H.265+ So what I would do if you need 100% to get the H.265 turned on. This is just an idea. Turn off Smart Codec. Then try to turn on H.265.. Also most cameras that don't already come setup for H.265 from factory may not work well in that format. Plus getting messages all the time in Chrome or Edge about not enough resources and changing over to Sub Channel. If you don't have Sub Channel turned on and you have it connected to a Recorder either Hardware or Software that might be Problematic..
Be Safe.