RTSP stream not wide angle

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
amccammer

RTSP stream not wide angle

Post by amccammer »

I have Amcrest IP5M-T1277EW-AI.
When I log in to the camera http address and click on LiveView, I see a wide angle view of the street (see attached).

When I stream through RTSP using openRTSP, with the below command, I get a narrow view angle (see attached):
rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

As far as I understand, the channel and subtype above should be for the main channel. What am I missing?

Thank you.
Attachments
Narrow angle from RTSP
Narrow angle from RTSP
Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 6.06.29 PM.png (6.02 MiB) Viewed 2290 times
Wide angle from HTTP
Wide angle from HTTP
Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 6.05.54 PM.png (4.89 MiB) Viewed 2290 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: RTSP stream not wide angle

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

So I am not sure what camera you are using. When i look at your 2 pictures one is showing 2.7mp format or at least that is what the y x z is and then on HTTP is says it is 2.1mp

At the top of the page on the webui please press the picture of a camera to take a snapshot to upload so I can see what the true size of the camera is. The 2 pictures neither of them look like a 5mp setting? Now the WebUI can be setup to stretch the view to fit the window however if you take a snapshot with the tool as stated above it will take a true picture as you have it setup in the cameras encoding page..

Next the RTSP feed I would look at using VLC as I use it and I have not ever had any issue with chopped or cropped pictures while using it. It can be hard to say why something is messed up with a picture It might be how the software is setup for taking image. Also the format of your rtsp trying to use in VLC didn't come up with anything other then a Error. However using the format I have used in VLC I get main, sub and sub1 streams with no issue just as expected.

Logging into the WebUI, going to Setup and camera, Video, what does your settings show your camera is setup for? This is a picture of my current opened camera. While it is only a 4mp camera I just showing for instance of what settings I am looking for?
Screenshot (4466).png
Screenshot (4466).png (83.34 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also down at the bottom of the page for your WebUI. There might be a thing that says WH and if it is setup for Adaptive you will want to set on Original.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
amccammer

Post by amccammer »

Thanks for the replies.

I realized openRTSP might not be the best option. I changed to ffmpeg, and things work fine with this command:
ffmpeg -i "rtsp://admin: password@ 1XX.XX.XX.XX/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0" -c copy -t 30 -an output1.mp4
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

A 4:3 (narrow) aspect ratio is stock for a 5MP camera. Reducing the resolution to 2560x1440 (4MP) will provide a 16:9 (wide) ratio.

Other methods can manipulate the 4:3 image to appear as 16:9 at the expense of a certin degree of image distortion -- primarily as a squashed or cropped look depending on the method being applied.

RTSP will stream the resolution of the camera stream selected. The means of viewing is how you would manipuate it otherwise.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Apologies for not reviewing the images before responding. (They were only links initially.)

The displays both appear to be 16:9 with one simply being a zoom of the left portion of the image. Again though, a result of the viewer, not the stream.