RTSP port shows open in configuration page but closed during port scan

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
theSilence

RTSP port shows open in configuration page but closed during port scan

Post by theSilence »

Hi,

I have an Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) POE IP Camera ( IP8M-2493EW ). When I scan ports on the camera I see that all ports besides port 80 are closed.

Nmap scan report for 10.0.0.74
Host is up (0.0025s latency).
Not shown: 999 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
80/tcp open http

In the web configuration page (see attached) the port shows open on 554. I have several other Amcrest cameras and have not seen this before. An update of the firmware didn't have any impact.

Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2024-01-15 12-14-37.png
Screenshot from 2024-01-15 12-14-37.png (148.01 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: RTSP port shows open in configuration page but closed during port scan

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

It sounds like there might be a Firewall in place that is only allowing port 80 to be accessed. Even with open ports on a local network if there is an active Firewall that monitors and serves all network devices that means it would also fail a local scan within the network. The Traffic goes to the Firewall and it ask to ping ports and addresses requested. However if the Firewall knows the ports are turned off within that firewall it will report that there is no open ports on the device at the ip it was requested from even if it was open in the device. Same goes for if you tried to access such port the firewall would bounce back any request to a port it has deemed closed even if it really is open.

So how can someone test this? Well the answer is if you are on a Static IP and the camera also has as Static Ip in the same range in OUR CASE 10.0.0.xx then you could take your camera and connect it to the computer directly without any other Network device in between. Then doing a another scan on the ports it should return that it is open.

1 Last thing I don't understand is why would an Amcrest device aka your 2493 POE camera have a Hikvision Server port programmed in a Non Hikvision camera?

Amcrest Camera
Screenshot (980).png
Screenshot (980).png (117.4 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
Hikvision Type Camera Older FW of OEM Hikvision IP camera with 8000 on Server port, Newer FW it does say Hik on one of my other cameras different location.
Screenshot (981).png
Screenshot (981).png (53.92 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
Be Safe.
theSilence

Re: RTSP port shows open in configuration page but closed during port scan

Post by theSilence »

@Revo2Maxx

Kudos to you! You were correct on both of you suspicions.

I run an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter 4 at my house and Pi Hole. For whatever reason DNS on the camera in question was pointing to the Ubiquiti instead of Pi Hole. As soon as I flipped to the Pi Hole address, bingo! The camera is working.

Also, the camera is an Anpviz 4K 8MP (IPC-D280W-S) running Amcrest's software. Not a IP8M-2493EW.

thank you!