Router

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
DJM

Router

Post by DJM »

I will be replacing my router. First place the Wi-Fi cameras in dynamic mode first. I don't remember the remain steps, on getting the new routing up and running and then getting the cameras to reconnect.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Router

Post by longedge »

Assuming that the new router allows you to make changes and isn't locked down then it's possible that you don't need to make any changes to your cameras at all and they will work as normal. You just set the router SSID, access password and IP addressing to exactly the same as your old one that should work. I have two different make routers both set up in the same way and I can change them over (my service provider requires their own router to be connected if you call a fault in) in just a few minutes.

It works for me, I power my cameras down and then switch routers over. Once the router has finished initialising itself, I power the cameras up again and they don't 'know' that anything has changed.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03