reverse proxy with IP2M-841B-V3

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
simplezimple

reverse proxy with IP2M-841B-V3

Post by simplezimple »

I can't use IP2M-841B-V3 in a reverse proxy in apache2 like I can with other ip cams I have with a built in web server.
I thought the issue is that it uses basic or digest authentication as opposed to clear text authentication. I've tried virtualhost configuration with either of these and I still can't get it to work.
Would anyone know if it is basic or digest authentication that these cameras require?
When run in a reverse proxy configuration an insecure ip cam can be secured with apache using ssl encryption to be viewed over the internet.
I look forward to your responses.
simplezimple

Re: reverse proxy with IP2M-841B-V3

Post by simplezimple »

No answer anyone? I would think there would be someone else out that would rather set up their ip camera without having to go through a proxy in China and view it in a proprietary app.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: reverse proxy with IP2M-841B-V3

Post by Revo2Maxx »

People are just always trying to make things something they are not..

First setting up the camera using any method of App or WebUI local to the device in question is nothing more then connecting to the IP that the Router gave it when it was turned on. Then once setup and you setup P2P the only thing that goes on from that point on a Sever that is setup to listen for your devices *camera and App *Phone or PC** Once the sever gets data *ping* from the app it make a connection from your app to your camera there is nothing between.

There is no Proxy... While a Proxy and Peer to Peer are Similar The term "peer-to-peer" can sometimes be confused with "proxy." While they are both networking concepts, they refer to different things. "Peer-to-peer" refers to direct communication between two devices, while a "proxy" is an intermediary server that acts on behalf of clients.
Be Safe.