Resolution always defaulting to 1080p

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
minimax052910

Resolution always defaulting to 1080p

Post by minimax052910 »

I have the IP2M-841B and it seems as though every time I try to take the recording down to SD, it always comes back on to HD. I have a data cap on my Internet plan and I also do not need a constant stream always recording.

We have 2 Dropcam's and they only record when they are being viewed. Is there a way to only have this camera record when it is being viewed via the app or website? If not, how can I change the default recording quality so that my data isn't being needlessly used?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Resolution always defaulting to 1080p

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
The best thing to do is to set up only motion based recording. The camera does not use much bandwidth unless its being viewed remotely from a smartphone or computer etc. As for the SD settings not staying, have you added the camera in Amcrest Cloud? Because the settings for camera in the Cloud overrides the settings on the Camera itself. So you need to set the correct resolution in the Amcrest Cloud service first.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us