Remote Reboot

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
EnigmaPrime

Remote Reboot

Post by EnigmaPrime »

Is there anyway to reboot the Amcrest HDSeries 720P WiFi Wireless IP Security Surveillance Camera System IPM-721S via the browser or any other remote method?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Remote Reboot

Post by Melvin »

Hello EnigmaPrime,

Login to the cameras' web interface and go to Set up > System > Auto Maintain. There is an option for manual rebooting and also you can reboot automatically on a schedule.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

harrypk

Post by harrypk »

Does the Manual reboot also reboot and connect a wireless camera ? Our wireless goes off line after a power outage and since I am remote I cannot unplug and plug back in. I need a way to reconnect my wireless remotely as it shows off line
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

@harrypk Hello and welcome to the forum.

I think you may have misunderstood what was being said about "manual reboot" as this is an option available in the WEB interface when you are logged into the camera. You can select it to perform an immediate reboot as opposed to a scheduled reboot.

Your camera should reconnect to WiFi unaided BUT with a couple of provisos. My guess is that this is where to look.

Firstly the camera must be set up with a fixed IP address on your LAN and secondly to make doubly sure your router should be setup to reserve that IP for that camera.

My own router is set up for DHCP but only for half of the available addresses. My cameras, NAS and network printers all have fixed IP's within their own settings and those addresses are in the half of the pool that the router does not use for DHCP.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
harrypk

Post by harrypk »

Thank you. I will check
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I am going to guess that longedge is on the right track for keeping your camera online..

Out of what I think is going on, The camera and Router are on a Race and the camera wins every time this making it so the camera is returned to a Default IP address in the 192.168.x.108 state either 1 or 0 in the x spot. If your network range isn't in that or if it is and the camera is on a IP that the router has already setup as Static ip then the camera still fails however my guess is that your range isn't in that cameras range and that is why when the camera wins the race on reboot, (Router is still booting up looking for IP from Provider) camera has already booted and asked DHCP server for a IP because the router isn't booted yet the camera defaults back to normal standard IP.. Once a Static IP is added this issue should be no longer..

However if your issue is on going and you have a Static IP, I would then look at maybe buying a WebSwitch. This is a Relay that you can setup many different ways. Some are very costly and seems to be the easiest to work. where others can be just as costly and only use App on phone so it is up to you if you needed something like that and what or how you would want to make it work.. Personally I would setup the Relay Switch to be Normally Closed that way when power is restored the camera will power back on, IF needing to reboot camera either local to you or over app or some other method you would in your location tell that switch to be active this would change the Normally closed to Open and then after a time set by the user or pressing the button again it will latch closed returning the power to the camera and the camera able to get a good IP from router..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
harrypk

Post by harrypk »

Thank you both I will have my son-in-law check this out, and let you all know if it fixed it .. thanks again for your time
jack7

Post by jack7 »

If you know that a camera unplug/replug power will fix it, then  attach a Smart Plug to your camera power cable.  You can then remotely unplug/replug your camera using an app, assuming the router and internet are working.
https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-HS103P2- ... NrPXRydWU=
harrypk

Post by harrypk »

We added static IP for the wireless camera, but now on the amcrest view via our phones it takes sometimes 7 minutes before the camera shows as live view .. we might just try the suggestion by Jack7
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Glad to hear that you have got things working again.

Just as a matter of interest, is the 7 minutes measured from when power is restored at your remote site? When my power drops, it takes longer than that for my router to re-establish a connection to the internet alone.

I would guess that you are accessing your camera by a P2P connection and that could also take a few minutes more to negotiate after the WAN connection is up.

I'm not saying don't buy the switches but if my understanding is correct, then I don't think the time in getting back up and running is excessive - just my thoughts :)
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03