Remote Reboot

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
harrypk

Re: Remote Reboot

Post by harrypk »

@longedge

actually, it is not during rebooting .. this lapse is simply logging on to the amcrest app and the live view of cameras, the wireless camera takes over 7 minutes to view .. it is just started happening once we changed to static
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would double check that your Static IP also has the right gateway IP. If your IP only changed it might work however it would take a while and it could even fail..

So I would double check that the IP, Gateway and Subnet area all in the right settings.. Could look something like this

10.0.1.110 Camera IP
255.255.255.0 Subnet
10.0.1.1 Gateway

If your network is small the Subnet should be as stated above, The IP addresses above are just a for instance what is important to note is that the Gateway is the IP address of your Router

Also I would maybe change DNS if it is not setup right there could be some issues as well.. Personally if in the USA I would use
8.8.8.8 DNS1
8.8.4.4 DNS2

If in different country
1.1.1.1 DNS1

And some use as a second and or even 1st at times the gateway ip as dns so if the old IP is in there it might be an issue as well..

Just some things to try and help figure out what is going on.. I have a few camera in Remote locations that I don't have any connection issues with. 80meg home service and 30meg remote home service with 10 up local and 7 up remote..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
harrypk

Post by harrypk »

@Revo2Maxx

Thanks we will look into this I appreciate the reply