Remote playback doesn't work for 720p HDCVI

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
disappointed

Remote playback doesn't work for 720p HDCVI

Post by disappointed »

I can't get get remote playback to work. Playback works fine when viewing on the TV with the HDMI connection. Remote playback doesn't work in Safari on the Mac, IE on Windows or the IOS app. The timeline is always empty, nothing to choose from. Any ideas what the problem is?
Zach

Re: Remote playback doesn't work for 720p HDCVI

Post by Zach »

Hello,

I have attached a picture for easy reference. When you look at the calendar (1) are any of the days highlighted blue? Blue signifies that there are recordings on that day. When the number is a bold orange-yellow-something (forgive my colorblindness), that is the date you are viewing recordings for. The File List button (2) can be used to display videos in a list. This can make it easier to find a motion detection recording at a certain time, or to download it. Once the video does show up, you can either click the bars on the timeline (3) to play the video from there, or click the play button to play from the beginning.

If there are no dates that are blue, please check the time/date on the DVR (Settings>System>General>Date&Time) and compare it to what you are viewing on the Playback screen. Setting the date and time correctly makes finding events much easier.
Attachments
Playback.PNG
Playback.PNG (147.91 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

disappointed

Re: Remote playback doesn't work for 720p HDCVI

Post by disappointed »

I've returned the system so it doesn't really matter now but maybe this can help someone else out with the same issue.

None of the days on the calendar were highlighted blue, the file list button also did not show anything, always empty. No matter what I selected the timeline was always blank, never any bars there. This all worked perfectly when viewing from the TV interface. Obviously I can't double check now but I do recall ensuring the dates and times were set correctly.
gkraft4

Remote playback doesn't work for NV1108

Post by gkraft4 »

I'm having a similar issue. I can record and playback while directly using my NV1108 that is connected to a TV; however, I cannot playback events remotely while using the web application in the Safari browser. I've tried pressing the play button, single clicking on yellow bars in the timeline, double clicking on yellow bars in the timeline, and selecting from the file list an pressing the play button.
nv1108-playback.png
nv1108-playback.png (42.24 KiB) Viewed 974 times