Regarding picture quality of our front door and the AD410

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lorenjz

Regarding picture quality of our front door and the AD410

Post by lorenjz »

We recently purchased a AD410 after our previous camera had died. Once I got everything set up it seems as though the area beyond our covered entry way is completely over exposed. The camera that we had prior to the amcrest didn't have this issue but has also been discontinued. Attached are two screen shots. One is the view from the camera. The other is from another camera at the same time of day, to give a little context.

Does anyone think we have a faulty camera or is this just the way it is?

Thanks
Attachments
doorcam20230927.jpg
doorcam20230927.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 1048 times
streetcam20230927.jpg
streetcam20230927.jpg (533.51 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Regarding picture quality of our front door and the AD410

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I don't know what kind of camera you had before but to be honest that is what a camera that has 2 different types of lighting going on will do. The camera used to have WDR in the app. Now the option might still be there and might be able to be accessed VIA CGI. I would have to look up the line to send but that is kind of a risky thing to do with the Doorbell cameras.

Issue is that the light area in the hall way is lower (Darkness) then it is outside that area and it takes the area of view close to the camera and makes adjustment for best picture.

So the CGI command I have while it works on cameras with WDR I wasn't able to get it to work with the AD410. SO I might have the wrong command to turn on and off that is why I need to dig some more to find out if there is one for the doorbell. I swore there was one.. Anyway here you can find out what options are on in your doorbell with this command using your doorbells own IP address and http: // first in most cases 10.0.0.235/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=VideoInOptions

For me the last option in my Doorbell camera is set to 0 and that is off so setting to 1 would be on.

There are others on the forum that use CGI more then I and they more then likely have access to the command on hand. I don't use Home Assistant or other things that needs CGI so I don't access them often. So I will keep trying to find it for you unless another offers it first.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok in the smart home app there is a button for WDR it just isn't where I am used to it being.. On my FW and app ver anyway if you bring up the Smart Home app and click on your doorbell camera then click on the Cog at the top right, then Video Settings in mine anyway there is a WDR button. Maybe that will give you the video you are looking for..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is 2 pictures one with it off and other on.
Screenshot_20230930_142207_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20230930_142207_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 1029 times
Screenshot_20230930_142233_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20230930_142233_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 1029 times
Be Safe.