Record or Playback Issue

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
turbocpe

Record or Playback Issue

Post by turbocpe »

I have a Amcrest IP2M-841B ProHD 1080P camera that's wired to my network to save the record to my PC. I also have the Smart Play program installed. I log into the camera and turn off and on the record function as needed.

On numerous occasions, especially if the recording is a few hours, the files fail to play in the Smart Play as they will show the correct recording length, however, only the first portion of the video can be viewed. Trying to move the time slider in the player to a later part of the video simply results in the slider jumping backward to different places - but never past a certain point.

I tried to Export the .dat file to an AVI. The .dat file in the Smart Play shows the correct duration, however, the export file is only a portion of the beginning of the video. So, again, I still can't view the entire recording.

I then tried to trim the Start and End date in the Export tool, to make the file smaller, but it simply results in "Export the End" with a blank .dat file as a result.

The attachment shows my recent video that will not play anything past the first hour or so. The file size is 2.62GB and the start time is 10:31 and the end time is 21:42. Yet nothing past the first hour or so is viewable in the Smart Player as the slider won't allow you to access it. When I play the video from the beginning and turn up the speed to 64x, it reaches to about 1 hour then the player shows the default camera logo as if the file was closed.
ipcamsmartplay.jpg
ipcamsmartplay.jpg (46.82 KiB) Viewed 294 times
From a similar topic, someone suggested downloading the K-Code pack. I did so and opened the video in a non-Amcrest player. The recording shows the full length, however, when you advance the video it's just a loop of the first hour or so.

I've had a lot of bugs with the Amcrest setup from the start. From the weird delay where you can't type in the username/password until X seconds after the login page is fully loaded, to having video recording issues on the SD card, to overall weird software bugs with the Amcrest products.

I'm guessing I've lost, yet another, video recording despite using the Amcrest IP Camera and the Amcrest software. I've tolerated all the weird bugs but I can't accept when it fails to simply record and play back video on a basic level, as that's the basic function of this device and entire purpose it serves.

Can anyone tell me why this is an issue? And is my recent 2.62GB, 11 hour recording, another lost recording?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Record or Playback Issue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

I think you would be best served if you would DL the ASP (Amcrest Surveillance Pro) and use that for your recorder. While the camera has a built in Record button on the WebUI it really wasn't designed to be setup to work with that as a FULL time recorder. That is more for when your in the UI and something is happening you can record a clip and I think most it will record is 1 hour even if it goes on longer

So using ASP you can setup to Record using the PC-NVR that it has, Setup the Software, Setup the Pc-NVR by adding some HDD space to it and then tell the software how you want it to record. To be honest just setup to Record motion when your computer is on you don't have to bring up the software if you have PC-NVR setup to turn on at Startup. Then it will Record in the background after you start the computer. Or if you don't have your computer on much just setup for full time recording and when the computer comes online it will record for you then you can play back from the ASP though PC-NVR when you need to
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe