Quickly enable/disable alert notifications

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
chooahh

Quickly enable/disable alert notifications

Post by chooahh »

Hi,

I have 2 ProHD 1080p surveillance cams, IP2M-84. I am looking for the quickest way to enable and disable the alert notifications so that when I leave my house I can enable motion detection, then when I return I can disable motion detection alerts. Can this be done using the iphone app?

Thanks,
Mike
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Quickly enable/disable alert notifications

Post by Melvin »

Hello chooahh ,

On the amcrest view Pro app, you can go to 'Configuration center' on the menu and disable/enable motion detection from there.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

chooahh

Post by chooahh »

Hi Melvin-

Thanks for the reply. Even when I disable motion detection through the app, I still receive alerts via email. This functionality is not working.

Furthermore, if I have two different phones with the app installed, and the alert is "disabled" on one, and "enabled" on the other, which setting will the camera use? Why aren't they synchronized?

Lastly, if the computer app has motion detection enabled, but the mobile app has it disabled, which setting will the camera use?

Thanks
Mike
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello chooahh,

The settings should have taken effect no matter which device you are trying from. So if its disabled on one device its disabled for the camera and hence should show disabled on all devices.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

chooahh

Post by chooahh »

Hi Melvin-

Thanks for the response. Even when I disable motion detection on the app, I continue to receive alerts. Any other tips?

Mike
Balnacra

Post by Balnacra »

chooahh wrote:Hi Melvin-

Thanks for the response. Even when I disable motion detection on the app, I continue to receive alerts. Any other tips?

Mike
Try unchecking ALL of the audio alert options. Simply unchecking the "Enable" box is not sufficient.
chooahh

Post by chooahh »

Thanks Balnacra-

I disabled motion detection, video tamper, and alarm trigger under configuration center.

And under device manager I disabled alarms.

Under push notifications I disabled alerts.

I don't see any settings for audio alerts. I have turned off every setting for alerts on the app and am still getting email alerts. Kind of frustrating..

Mike
chooahh

Post by chooahh »

I just called the technical support phone number and was told that enabling/disabling motion detection feature using the app is currently not working. This is ridiculous that I would pay for this system and I can't easily turn motion detection on or off whenever I leave the house. What's the point of having a home surveillance system if you can't turn motion detection on or off easily?

Please fix this issue

Mike
chooahh

Post by chooahh »

It's been several months and the app still does not allow me to enable/disable motion detection. Now I am receiving the error "failed to stop push notifications" whenever I try to make any changes. Any update on this critical feature?

Mike
Kev

Post by Kev »

I had this problem too. Now I simply rotate my camera to a blank wall or to the ceiling when I am around and move it back when I leave. A better fix would be for the app to have one easily accessible button to turn off notifications.