Quick Turn ON/OFF Suggestion

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
MrDouf

Quick Turn ON/OFF Suggestion

Post by MrDouf »

Hi,

I am using the amcrest hdseries 720p (ipm-721s) as a home security camera. It's a great camera with great feature but what I think it is missing for a home security is a quick turn ON/OFF feature when I am leaving home. If it is not in the usual schedule hours the camera is off when I leave.

I use mine mostly with the MD so if a quick turn-ON/OFF pre-configure button was available with the Android/iPhone application it would make it so much easier to set before leaving the house.

Cheers!
Last edited by MrDouf on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morgon

Re: Quick Turn ON/OFF Suggestion

Post by Morgon »

I was going to suggest a very similar thing, actually. Having 'Home' and 'Away' settings would be extremely helpful - that way you could have a schedule for 'Home' where it only records late at night, and/or with a lower threshold, and an away setting that increases the threshold and maybe records continuously.
MrDouf

Post by MrDouf »

Morgon,

HOME and AWAY is the right choice of words for the feature I was trying to explain.

Hopefully someone at Amcrest will monitor this post and send this suggestion to the software/firmware development team...
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello all,

Thank you for the suggestions. I will forward it to the concerned team. If you use the Amcrest view app on phone, please take some time and write a feedback from your end as well. There is an option to leave a feedback on the app.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

MrDouf

Post by MrDouf »

Thanks for the reply Melvin, I will do that using the view app on my phone.
MrDouf

Post by MrDouf »

I would suggest to anyone interested in the feature to leave a feedback about it using the phone App.
From Menu: Leave Feedback--> Contact Amcrest Support

Thanks!
MrDouf

Post by MrDouf »

Here is a good example to exactly what I was referring as a quick turn-ON/OFF buttons...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzQca ... UhQcGd5VFk

This would make it much more easy and complimentary then a schedule to turn the CAM ON/OFF. It could even be a widget so that we don't have to go through any menu...