Push Notifications stopped working on IPhone

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
james_s

Re: Push Notifications stopped working on IPhone

Post by james_s »

Mine have never worked right. I get a notification when I unlock my iPhone but unless I tap on it, it just goes away and is not in the event log. If I do tap on it I can see that motion event but any others that have occurred are gone. I have given up, the app is garbage and has not improved one bit in the 1.5 years I've had it. Amcrest support is non-existent. They should open source their DVR firmware and mobile apps so competent developers can improve them.
tonester

Post by tonester »

kaervak wrote:Push notifications are now working again. Last night I disabled and then reenabled push notifications in the app on my iphone and they started working again. No changes made to the cameras at all. I still think it's related to a calendar issue in iOS causing notifications to fail. Regardless, they're working again, I'm not going to complain.
This happens every now and then to my two cameras (not at the same time on both)--like you, I can get push notifications working again by going into the app and manually disabling and then re-enabling push notifications for the problematic camera.
dom

Post by dom »

Hitting the same issue with most of my cameras today (but not all of them!). Got a brand new Amcrest NVR + a bunch of Amcrest cameras, all firmwares up to date. Tried a few things including:
- Disabling / enabling push notifications from the iOS app
- Disabling / enabling push notifications from the web interface
- Removing / re-adding cameras to the iOS app

The next step would be to reset the cameras (once again), but I'm really not looking forward to this, as every time I reset an Amcrest device to factory settings something different and crazy happened.

Could anyone from Amcrest please comment on this issue?
Airbud

Post by Airbud »

Push notifications have stopped working too on my iPhone as well as my sister's iPhone.
PushNotifications

Post by PushNotifications »

Did anyone find a fix for this? I'm tried everything under the sun.
james_s

Post by james_s »

Nope, and Amcrest has not so much as even commented on it, they just ignore any of these threads. My push notifications have stopped working entirely as of about a month ago, I don't even get them on the lock screen anymore. Nothing has changed on my end, it just stopped. Nothing but crickets from Amcrest.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello James... I am sorry you and others are having some issues on your Phone?

I am not sure I understand there are a lot of people that try and help within the Forum and to say that Amcrest don't do anything to help there are other ways that you could reach out to Amcrest as well.. Plus sadly we are in a Time that there have been issues with people not even at the Office and or trying to get help though email or phone might prove little harder then normal with lower staffing and other issues as we everyone is going though a rough time.. Plus right now with Texas having not just cases on the rise but with storms and things it might take longer for contact...

Now about an issue I can tell you that I own a Samsung S9, S9+, Pixel 3 and a 3XL on top of that I also have an older iPhone 6 Everyone of my phones listed all can get Push form my cameras and or my NVR's I have to admit it seems little more constant from my 2116-HS NVR then the cameras it self.. however I can get it from both I have tested and worked with them on all the ones listed the last being my iPhone6...

So how did you setup your System? P2P or Ip? While not everyone is having issues but if your Password has a ! in it I would try changing that in your cameras to remove that from your password if you have one. Now when I setup my wifi camera to send me notices it can't seem to get a Snap shot or video constant that is because that camera can fail the upload so I will get a Push without.. however if I setup on my NVR it will give most of the video without much issue not sure why... Another thing I have seen... When motion happens my Camera sends the notice right away where my NVR waits at first I thought why am I not getting a notice however every one I get form my NVR has 1 min video attached and now understand that is so it can make the recording upload and submit to me... When my camera gets the alert it is right away and I wonder if maybe it is because I try and check the push that it stops the upload?

I am not sure...

So I do know that I setup my System under P2P and I wonder if maybe some people with the issue have not setup under P2P and maybe the issue is that they have ports off or not active because of trying to Secure their network?

Sadly it is hard to say what or why something isn't working...

I can tell people that they need good network cables, good network connection, good cell phone connection and if your trying to us a phone that has no service your going to get no notices unless your in your own home network no matter if you use P2P or not...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
hudspwr

Post by hudspwr »

I was having a problem with push notifications as well. It is now fixed. Here’s how:

IOS Settings
Notifications
Amcrest View Pro
Option 1) if you have Banners enabled, select Banner Style and choose “Persistent“
Option 2) Disable Banners

Tested both options, both worked!
Rottie7

Post by Rottie7 »

I tried the last suggestion by hudspwr, That involves going into the iOS notification area turning banners on and off, but that did not work for me, my situation is a little different in the that it does work in my iPad but not on the iPhone they used to both receive notifications and now the iPhone does not receive push notifications any other ideas how to fix this? Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello @Rottie7 Welcome to the Forum

Well I am not sure how to help outside of what happen to me in 2 different platforms 1 was Amcrest and the other was a Hikvision OEM brand. After trying everything I contacted Amcrest Support and was told to Remove and Reinstall the app.. ALSO as odds have it contacting the other Support after 1 device gets alerts and then other iOS was no longer getting alerts they said they don't know why after spending some time trouble shooting said to remove app and install again and sure enough both Amcrest and the other one started working again without issue.. I just wish I didn't have to do that as in the Amcrest one I have a lot of devices I had to add back in the other one lucky for me only 4 devices needed to be added back..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe