Push Notifications Not Showing up in Event List

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
njbrazil

Push Notifications Not Showing up in Event List

Post by njbrazil »

Just installed Amcrest DVR with POE 1080P cameras. I have my cameras configured to send my iPhone Push Alerts during motion detection. I am doing this using the Amcrest View Pro app from the Apple Store.

I am getting the push notifications on my phone and when I swipe down to view my Notifications via my iPhone I see about 5 or 6 Push Notifications. This is all good.

When I open the Amcrest App and navigate to Push Notifications> Event List I notice that it does not list the same ones that I got Push Notifications for. My expectations are that it would be a one to one. For each push alert I get, I would expect to see an Event listed in the Event List. Why are they not showing up in the Event List correctly?

See attached images of the Push Alert I just got and then when I go to the Event List (it is not there)...
Attachments
The Event is not listed...
The Event is not listed...
image2 (3).PNG (78.68 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
I click on the Event List
I click on the Event List
image3 (2).PNG (114.56 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
I got a Push Alert
I got a Push Alert
image1 (6).PNG (1.22 MiB) Viewed 4020 times
CleverDog

Re: Push Notifications Not Showing up in Event List

Post by CleverDog »

I have this issue too on my iPhone 7. If you clear the notification, it doesn't show up in the Event List - how dumb is that? But if you click on the notification to open Amcrest Pro View, then it will appear on the Event List. Amcrest needs to make all notifications show up on the Event List.

I also have an issue if my phone is off and notifications are sent, I may or may not receive the push notification. For the ones that I don't then they don't show up on the event list either. I know I'm getting some because my iPad is on and it receives the push notification while my phone is off.

Amcrest - PLEASE upgrade your app so all notifications show up on the Event List regardless if I clear the event or not or if the notification shows up on another device while one device is off.

Also - if I change my date and time to MM/DD/YYY 12-Hr then my notifications have no time stamp or any image / video on my phone. But it does record because I can view on my laptop.
Airbud

Post by Airbud »

Seven months later and this issue still isn’t fixed.
Low Flyer

Post by Low Flyer »

Yep, this is a problem. I am submitting a negative review of the app in the Apple Store. Please fix!
james_s

Post by james_s »

I have the same issue, did anyone ever figure this out?

Overall I like the cameras but the app is absolutely awful, it is the most buggy app I have on my phone, basic features simply do not work. They really need to stop and put some serious focus into the software side of their core products. Nearly 2019 and the NVR still requires Internet Explorer on a vintage Windows PC to use the web interface leaving the pathetic mobile app as the only viable option for most people.The system is only as good as the software that makes it work.
james_s

Post by james_s »

Bueller?...
james_s

Post by james_s »

It's now late March and not a peep? Is Amcrest even still in business?
Ynot

Post by Ynot »

I've had several contacts recently via email with [email protected]. They always ask for the camera model number, but they never address the questions I ask. I'm thinking of returning the IP4M-1053EW to Amazon as there is no support whatsoever.
James.S

Post by James.S »

Please provide me with the model of your phones and the OS versions it is on.
James.S

Post by James.S »

Just to confirm, Both Android and IOS are functioning properly on our end.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190329-165740.jpg
Screenshot_20190329-165740.jpg (316.81 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
Image-1.jpg
Image-1.jpg (87.27 KiB) Viewed 2760 times