Push Notification being automatically disabled in Android

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
familyswink

Push Notification being automatically disabled in Android

Post by familyswink »

I have successfully set up Push Notifications in Amcrest View Pro. The issue is that notifications work for about a week and then mysteriously stop working. When it stops working, I go into Amcrest View Pro/Push Notifications/Configuration and select my camera and notice that Push Notifications is turned off. I turn it back on and everything works ok for around a week when it mysteriously gets turned off again.

Software Version:
- Android 8.0.0
- Amcrest View Pro: 4.1

Actions Taken to date; issue not resolved:
- Reinstalled camera in Amcrest view Pro
- Updated Amcrest View Pro Software
- Rebooted camera to see if it caused Push Notifications to be deactivated ... it didn't.
- Set Android up to not to not allow Android to put Amcrest View Pro to sleep.
jack7

Re: Push Notification being automatically disabled in Android

Post by jack7 »

One thing you might check is the Auto Boot option in Settings/System/Auto Maintain which may happen once a week. I don't know when and how View Pro and the camera turn things on and off but the possible Auto Boot timing sounds suspicious.
bhc

Post by bhc »

I have the same problem with Amcrest View Pro 3.43.0103 on Android 4.4.4. I have several cameras and this problem happened randomly. Automatic reboot is turned off on all my cameras. If I don't receive notifications for a while, then it is likely that it is turned off and I have to go in and turn it on again. So far I've assumed the problem is because my Android version is too old. But now I know it's not my old Android because it also happens on your Android 8.
walkgoodphil

Post by walkgoodphil »

I know old topic.

But did anyone find a solution yet?