Push not working on Android device

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
danik56

Push not working on Android device

Post by danik56 »

I have 2 cameras defined to the app.
Push notifications enabled on both.
Only getting push events from one camera.
why is that ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Push not working on Android device

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It might be as it has been for a little while an issue with the App and setup of multi push. There should be no issue however I pointed it out sometime ago and Amcrest let me know they could duplicate the issue and it was passed onto the R&D for Solution. Little while back it was I am guessing updated or something because I was no longer having an issue with my Push. As of the last time I posted about it maybe last week now. i have added 10 push channels and all of them are still working.. However

If your having an issue with this here is how I was able to get more then 1 channel (Device) to push events. When you setup your device you will want to go through the motion of setting up your other one as well. I mean lets say when I was having an issue, I setup Ch1 of my DVR to push, save worked for days. Then I wanted to be notified when someone came down my Driveway (was waiting on package) so I setup my Driveway camera. Oddly for me at first both of them didn't work. So I went and setup again and was able to get the driveway but not Ch1 so then I went back to ch1 setup and then Drive way and setup and when I was done both worked. After returning home did some testing an sure enough it was same. So I passed it along to Amcrest..

Now with all that said. Something odd did happen since 21xx hours last night. I just looked at my AVP and as of last night sometime after 9pm all of my Push were Disabled? I didn't disable any of them. Looking at events list the last even was. the one setup for motion was just done after reading this I setup to make sure all of the others were going to stay enabled that I setup and they did..

Now random issues it seems I have to keep an eye on this issue more now as I thought it was done and over..
tempFileForShare_20221119-122948.jpg
tempFileForShare_20221119-122948.jpg (535.9 KiB) Viewed 162 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
danik56

Post by danik56 »

So, in order to get push working on both my cameras, I need to go in to setup, disable push and re-enable for both ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

While I can't say that is your issue, I know that has been the issue that I had and that I did Report to Amcrest. As of a short time ago sometime last week I believe it was reported that another user had Push working and since then mine has been working as they should.

So the reason that I posted what my issue was and the way I was able to make it work for more then 1 device was incase you were having the same issue. Mine was using a Samsung 21 Ultra and S9. Both are working as expected, however as I said oddly after looking at your post, I found all my devices were Disabled and my last event was last night at 2103 aka 903 and that is really odd. So I will have to keep an eye at this as maybe there is still a issue.

Only trying to offer you something to try that has worked for me as maybe you were having the same issue until the Fix is released and things go back working as they have for the last few years.

I have tested and setup a good many alerts today and they all seem to work as expected. It is Saturday in USA and Amcrest is out of the office on the weekends. Maybe submit a Ticket so they can get some more data to pass to the R&D team to get things fixed.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe